Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
Yo..
I bought an iPad 2 32GB 3G+WiFi 2 months back from Apple Store and it was all working good.

Since yesterday, its showing NO SIM.

Not sure, whats going on.

So, let me know asap.

taipan61

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
corner starbucks
so before we all jump in and give advice what have you done to try to alleviate the problem? that way we're not just giving the same advise to you over and over

sideswipe

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
same thing happened to mine, they had to replace the ipad. I believe the iPad contacts for the SIM were damaged in some way and prevented contact with the SIM.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
Ok looks like, I need to replace this.

I just tried restoring it and its not restoring my apps and settings, etc.
Now im getting more furious.

I would be fine for a week, with my old data and settings, until I take it to the Apple store.
But this is ridiculous.

Before clicking on RESTORE, I clicked on BACKUP and the iPad backup is saved.

Then I restored it.
Now when it starts after the restore, its only showing pictures backup restored and no other apps or games or settings, etc.
DAMN IT!

Why is this ?

Why is it not restoring it completely from that new backup ?

Im always selecting that backup to restore from, but then also, its getting stuck .

How can I restore it the right way ?

CocoaDevDr

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
NO SIM - mine just started that too

My iPad 2 started to report the same.

Reset iPad.
Updated firmware
Reseated SIM 3 times

sanPietro98

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2008
28.416834,-81.581214
Probably a bad SIM card

This happened to me a few months ago. Just bring it in to an AT&T store and they'll likely give you a replacement SIM card -- even if you bought it through Apple.

The sales person told me that the SIMs are very sensitive and can fail over time. They claim they see this regularly.

They popped in a new SIM, registered it, and I was in-and-out in 10 minutes with no cost. I also use the Unlimited data plan, and it was unaffected.

gsampson85

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
This happened to me. I took it into the Apple Store and got a replacement iPad. They used the same sim in the replacement and haven't had the issue come up again.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I had the same problem with my iPhone 4. I tried blowing on the SIM as well as trying a new one but still had the problem. I just took the phone into an Apple store and they replaced it with a new one. I've not had the problem since.

yawnyj

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Gig Harbor , Wa
Does the cell data have to be turned on to see a sim number in settings?in other words does it say no sim in settings when cell data is off? I am just checking since mine doesn't show a number and I am getting ready for a trip in a couple of days, and I want to make sure it is stll working before I leave.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
Im not sure.
Nothing is working .
Looks like, I just have to get to the Apple store to replace it.

Damn.. It sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.