Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gomez76210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I was in an Apple store this past weekend going to buy a MacBook for my wife. When the sales rep told me that the Macbook was going to be updated this week. Has anybody heard anything of this. He told me that it was gonna be towards the end of the week. I know the MacBook Air is getting updated but what about the MacBook.

iPadPhone

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
I was in an Apple store this past weekend going to buy a MacBook for my wife. When the sales rep told me that the Macbook was going to be updated this week. Has anybody heard anything of this. He told me that it was gonna be towards the end of the week. I know the MacBook Air is getting updated but what about the MacBook.

Step 1: Read the front page.

Step 2: There is no step 2.

gomez76210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I agree ThirtyThr33. Maybe he needs to read the front page before he speaks.

gomez76210

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Yes the article was up before my posting. I was also asking if the MACBOOK not the MAcbook Pro or the MacBook Air was getting updated.

Last edited:

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Yes the article was up before my posting. I was also asking if the MACBOOK not the MAcbook Pro or the MacBook Air was getting updated.

Dude I agree the front page had macbook air and mac pro. It was changed to mac mini and macbook. even if you read both it could leave you confused.

The real hero in this was the clerk at the apple store. So when you get your new gear make sure to tell that clerk thank you. That way he may tip you off in the future!

To the masters of sarcasm on this site give the guy a break. For some of us a 1k outlay of cash is hard to do. The op was just double checking. He had experienced more then one story about macbooks and was trying to be sure.

BTW I go straight to forums MP Mm iMac in that order.

I went to this forum today to see if anyone had info on the macbook pro because the Mac mini forum was kind of dead. News flash

https://www.macrumors.com/

front page says nothing on thur and it was on the front page last nite around 11pm so one more change.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I posted the following on the latest MR article claiming the new part numbers said to be for MacBook were actually for a new cinema display. Thought this would be relevant here, too:

There will be no MacBook update because the new MacBook Airs will be called simply "MacBook". The white MacBook will be dropped- and, no, I am not somebody with a weird fixation of wishing the white MacBook were dead because I hate what it looks like/ thinks it serves no purpose. In fact, it was my first Mac notebook and I LOVED the MacBook. I still like the design and love the white - however MacBook Airs were not dubbed "the next generation of MacBook" for nothing. Apple loves streamlining product offerings, and this only makes sense. I would also not be surprised if the 13" Pro bites the dust when the Pros are redesigned in 2012. I'm ready for the thumbs down, so shoot, but don't be surprised if this is the case.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I posted the following on the latest MR article claiming the new part numbers said to be for MacBook were actually for a new cinema display. Thought this would be relevant here, too:

There will be no MacBook update because the new MacBook Airs will be called simply "MacBook". The white MacBook will be dropped- and, no, I am not somebody with a weird fixation of wishing the white MacBook were dead because I hate what it looks like/ thinks it serves no purpose. In fact, it was my first Mac notebook and I LOVED the MacBook. I still like the design and love the white - however MacBook Airs were not dubbed "the next generation of MacBook" for nothing. Apple loves streamlining product offerings, and this only makes sense. I would also not be surprised if the 13" Pro bites the dust when the Pros are redesigned in 2012. I'm ready for the thumbs down, so shoot, but don't be surprised if this is the case.

This gives me a sad face. I have 7 days left to either return my WhiteBook or keep it now.

Where was that posted by the way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.