Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Anybody know why this happens?

There will be mail that I don't manually delete but all of a sudden it will be gone. Now not deleted permanently if i go in my email account in my computer it's there but just from the mail app it'll be gone. :confused:

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
the iPad email app only holds emails for a certain period of time (you can set the period), or a certain number of emails (you can set the number). After that, they disappear from your iPad

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
the iPad email app only holds emails for a certain period of time (you can set the period), or a certain number of emails (you can set the number). After that, they disappear from your iPad

Well that's stupid how do we change the period?

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Well that's stupid how do we change the period?
Pick menu from the email apps, then pick Settings. Then one of the options (different for each account of you want) is the number of day you want it to keep.

Oh wait, those or instructions for my android email app. Nevermind. :rolleyes:

LiloThePleo

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2010
Settings> Mail, contacts, calendars> Account name> Advanced> Adjust the remove time.

Also you can adjust how many messages are shown before it removes some in the main Mail, contacts, calendars menu. (Up to 200)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.