PDA

View Full Version : Apple logo on the rear lid

Badrottie
Jul 13, 2011, 08:25 PM
I was at the bookstore today and see all people have MacBook Pro I noticed their Apple logo very bright and mine is little dim...I was thinking maybe the light is old or something..how can I make it brighter? Clean inside the rear lid or replace something? I am talking about Powebook G4.

Krad3130
Jul 13, 2011, 08:30 PM
The apple logo gets brighter when you make your screen brighter. You must keep your screen on the dimmer side then like me. My Apple logo isn't very bright at all.

simsaladimbamba
Jul 13, 2011, 08:32 PM
MBPs have brighter display panels than the PB G4 has.
My iBook G4 was darker than my 2008 MacBook, which again was darker than my 2009 MBP.
Display panel technology evolves, and someday you will be blinded by that logo.

Nameci
Jul 13, 2011, 08:36 PM
The brightness of the logo does not matter at all. It is the brightness of the screen that matters. Too much brightness will blind you.

adcx64
Jul 13, 2011, 09:35 PM
Also, as displays age, correct me if I am wrong, but from use the backlight brightness degrades slightly over time, so even on full brightness, the Apple logo wouldn't be as bright as a new MBP.

ecschwarz
Jul 14, 2011, 01:20 AM
Also, as displays age, correct me if I am wrong, but from use the backlight brightness degrades slightly over time, so even on full brightness, the Apple logo wouldn't be as bright as a new MBP.

That, and Apple switched from CCFL backlighting to LED starting with the Early 2008 MacBook Pros, so that is a completely different technology…dunno if it dims over time…