Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

narco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2003
California.
Here is the low down. My sister's boyfriend wants a plotter. Here is what he has, what he needs it for, and everything else. If any of you know have one, or know about plotters -- please respond. Thanks!

What he has:
- 15" G4 Powerbook, 1.33ghz
- Adobe Creative Suite

What he wants to do:
He does airbrushing for a customs shop here in California. He needs to scan designs into his Powerbook, covert those to paths, print it out on a plotter and use the vinyl sticker as a guideline.

What he is interested in:
He saw this plotter, noticed it comes with plug-ins for Illustrator. Would this be a wise choice?
http://www.signwarehouse.com/cutters/Roland/roland_c1pro_content.htm#cx400

BASICALLY, people have been telling him to buy a PC and do this with Corel, but he has a Mac and knows he can do it with Illustrator. If there is a better Mac solution out there, please let me know or give me any kind of suggestions. If you have any further questions, let me know -- thanks!

Fishes,
narco.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
narco said:
Here is the low down. My sister's boyfriend wants a plotter. Here is what he has, what he needs it for, and everything else. If any of you know have one, or know about plotters -- please respond. Thanks!

What he has:
- 15" G4 Powerbook, 1.33ghz
- Adobe Creative Suite

What he wants to do:
He does airbrushing for a customs shop here in California. He needs to scan designs into his Powerbook, covert those to paths, print it out on a plotter and use the vinyl sticker as a guideline.

What he is interested in:
He saw this plotter, noticed it comes with plug-ins for Illustrator. Would this be a wise choice?
http://www.signwarehouse.com/cutters/Roland/roland_c1pro_content.htm#cx400

BASICALLY, people have been telling him to buy a PC and do this with Corel, but he has a Mac and knows he can do it with Illustrator. If there is a better Mac solution out there, please let me know or give me any kind of suggestions. If you have any further questions, let me know -- thanks!

Fishes,
narco.
This is really a no-brainer. Your link explicitly mentions the Mac. If the Mac is supported, get it. With the Mac and Illustrator, your sister's boyfriend will produce art. With a PC and Corel Draw, he will produce business graphics.

narco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2003
California.
MisterMe said:
This is really a no-brainer. Your link explicitly mentions the Mac. If the Mac is supported, get it. With the Mac and Illustrator, your sister's boyfriend will produce art. With a PC and Corel Draw, he will produce business graphics.

Well, basically I wanted some input from people who actually do this. This was just only one example, maybe someone who is in the business had some other suggestions.

Fishes,
narco.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.