PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Connecting pages

simonfagerstrom
Jul 14, 2011, 07:18 AM
Hi!

Well i've just started learning Xcode, i've got some literature and stuff that can help me but there is one thing that I can't seem to find help with! How do you connect a page to a button. For example button "1" in the main window with window 1! I've got no clue and it would be great if someone could tell me how to do it! :)

jnoxx
Jul 15, 2011, 02:57 AM
Have u tried looking through a basic iPhone book?
Every "page", is a new Controller with a NIB, that's what I think u want at least.
So you need to create 4 pages, or 4x the same. and connect actions to the buttons, that will create a new instance of this controller/nib. Then when u click it, it will push it onto the existing view. It's called a Navigation Controller, I suggest you read up to some basics

simonfagerstrom
Jul 15, 2011, 05:41 AM
okay! Well i knew the stuff about the nib files. But what is the actual coding for switching pages? Sorry i'm a newbie on this area and ill go and get me a book as fast as i can!

dejo
Jul 15, 2011, 10:36 AM
...i've got some literature and stuff...

What "literature and stuff"? Please be specific. If we know what resources you are using to learn, we can better tailor our answers (or suggest better resources, perhaps).

simonfagerstrom
Jul 15, 2011, 10:58 AM
well, its mostly internet based, apple written tutorials that i've been using. But i think i got it now. Thanks anyway!