Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fugue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
For one reason or another, I cannot run Torchlight (steam) in a window. When I enable it and restart, the game crashes with an option to send an error report. I have tried every single resolution and I get the same results.

I hate playing fullscreen because I like to occasionally check the news/browse and I cannot minimize whilst playing.

Can anyone who experiences this or possibly found a solution chime in?

Thanks

Paulyboy

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
For one reason or another, I cannot run Torchlight (steam) in a window. When I enable it and restart, the game crashes with an option to send an error report. I have tried every single resolution and I get the same results.

I hate playing fullscreen because I like to occasionally check the news/browse and I cannot minimize whilst playing.

Can anyone who experiences this or possibly found a solution chime in?

Thanks

I'm able to run it in windowed mode without any problems. My display is usually set to 1920 x 1080 so I play the game in a 1680 x 1050 window. I also have the Steam version. I just un-check the “fullscreen” checkbox on the settings screen, set the resolution appropriately, and I'm good to go.

I wish I could help you. I hope you're able to solve the problem.

-PN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.