Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tian3401

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Hi Guys,

I need a little advice. I have a Macbook 13" version 10.4.11 black version. (I know that Apple doesnt even make them in black anymore. haha) It's a dinosaur, but I'm still in college and this macbook has been with me through thick and thin (had this Mac since I started college)and I need it to last one more year. After I graduate I will buy a new Macbook Pro, so I need this one to last.

The problem is my Macbook often crashes without warning. I am a bit worried about losing all my data and having to buy a fresh Mac w/out any of my own data. Luckily I have saved my most important files on a flash drive, my preferred backup storage due its inexpensiveness. Still I have a lot of sentimental things on there. Is there something I can do for my Mac to avoid these crashes. They are increasing in frequency.:eek:

Thanks

Appreciate it fellow Apple users:apple:

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
Hi Guys,

I need a little advice. I have a Macbook 13" version 10.4.11 black version. (I know that Apple doesnt even make them in black anymore. haha) It's a dinosaur, but I'm still in college and this macbook has been with me through thick and thin (had this Mac since I started college)and I need it to last one more year. After I graduate I will buy a new Macbook Pro, so I need this one to last.

The problem is my Macbook often crashes without warning. I am a bit worried about losing all my data and having to buy a fresh Mac w/out any of my own data. Luckily I have saved my most important files on a flash drive, my preferred backup storage due its inexpensiveness. Still I have a lot of sentimental things on there. Is there something I can do for my Mac to avoid these crashes. They are increasing in frequency.:eek:

Thanks

Appreciate it fellow Apple users:apple:

When you say crashes, do you mean a kernel panic or something else?

tian3401

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Hi sporadicMotion,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am talking about a kernel panic. Is there anything I can do to avoid these crashes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.