Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I don't believe the people are lying either. I hope it's just a case of the Apple Support accidentally misleading people, but I dunno why they would do that?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
They're guessing, probably based on the AllthingsD rumor that the Airs are coming that day.

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
According to this website, Apple Support in Germany told to three people that called, that Lion will come on July 21st.
http://www.macerkopf.de/20110714-apple-support-spricht-vom-21-juli-als-os-x-lion-start

I cannot believe that Apple support would know that or that even of they did that they would just tell people something like that, but who knows!

Reminds me of the rumor that a support tech from another country said that Apple would be releasing OS X Lion on the 14th.

It seems whenever a rumored date has passed, another support tech has purportedly "leaked" the date to a select few Apple customers.

I'm expecting the release to be any time this month between tomorrow and the 30th. Unless if some actual evidence comes up to support a rumor (real evidence, not a rumor which is the crutch of another rumor), I don't think I'll be expecting any particular day. I mean, if I absolutely had to guess a time-frame, I'd say sometime between the 19th and the 28th (that shaves off the 16th, 17th, 18th, 29th, 30th, and 31st); why would I guess between these days? I can't quite articulate that, since it's just a guess.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reminds me of the rumor that a support tech from another country said that Apple would be releasing OS X Lion on the 14th.

It seems whenever a rumored date has passed, another support tech has purportedly "leaked" the date to a select few Apple customers.

I'm expecting the release to be any time this month between tomorrow and the 30th. Unless if some actual evidence comes up to support a rumor (real evidence, not a rumor which is the crutch of another rumor), I don't think I'll be expecting any particular day. I mean, if I absolutely had to guess a time-frame, I'd say sometime between the 19th and the 28th (that shaves off the 16th, 17th, 18th, 29th, 30th, and 31st); why would I guess between these days? I can't quite articulate that, since it's just a guess.

As I remember that was the original date for the Macbook Airs to be released. It's likely the release date was pushed back to deal with bugs still present in Lion.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
I'd assume that whoever frequents and posts in this forum section has GM already installed. So why do you care when it's released? Even if it's not released for another 2-3 months, I couldn't care any less. My real Lion usage is in full swing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.