Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cforand1293

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
ScreenHunter_05Jul151518.jpg

jsh1120

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2011

cforand1293

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
I called and it is an error, but man you never know.... if its to good to be true it prob is.....

have a good friday

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
If you buy it, and then decide not to honor it, they will just issue your money back, right?
I don't want the tablet that they probably meant to put at that price...

You should be able to. By placing an order you are offering to buy an iPad 2, if they reject that offer they can't force you to spend your money on something else.

jsh1120

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2011
You jumped in & placed an order for one? :confused:

Just a word to the wise, Apple exerts tremendous pressure on resellers. You will likely NEVER find a price on a current model iPad for significantly less than Apple sells it for directly. You may be able to save a few dollars with a goodwill discount from a third party retailer, but even that is doubtful. (Best Buy, for example, specifically excludes Apple products from their discount programs.)

So if you see a significant bargain for a current model iPad, it IS a deal that's too good to be true.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
My goodness, how I wish this were true!

I don't have money to play around like this, but if I did I'd like to try it out....or better yet hear a success story then try it out. :D

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
It's an obvious error. In fact, if you check the "GSM Online" website (the vendor Sears cites in the url above), you'll find they don't even have the iPad 2 (32 gig) for sale. And the 64 gig version they do list is at a price of $739.

I think you might have read wrong. When I opened this page, I saw a 16Gb WiFi on "sale" for $739, down from $899.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
That is tempting. However, I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle that will undoubtedly come with it. I guess if you did somehow come away with an authentic iPad 2 32GB wifi, it would be worth it. Even with a credit card, how much work would it take talking to them to get your money back when they refuse to honor the price?

I just searched Sears' website on my own and the 16GB wifi version was listed by the same seller for only $69. However when I clicked on that one it said the page has been removed. My guess is that the 32GB will be gone shortly.

Last edited:

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That is tempting. However, I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle that will undoubtedly come with it. I guess if you did somehow come away with an authentic iPad 2 32GB wifi, it would be worth it. Even with a credit card, how much work would it take talking to them to get your money back when they refuse to honor the price?

I have a receipt that says $202. They can either honor that price or not ship the product. They can't do anything else. The subtle humor being that GSM Life is not selling the 3G version.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
I'm on a pc... I enlarged the image.... doesn't look like a camera is on there. Maybe it was supposed to say Ipad 1?

First post too.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Check out the bottom of the page where it says "Item also available from these sites:" They all link to an Intel Motherboard and seem to be around the same price as the "iPad 2" listed here.

Edit: disregard the comment about price. I left off $100.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm on a pc... I enlarged the image.... doesn't look like a camera is on there. Maybe it was supposed to say Ipad 1?

First post too.

The photo is iPad 1, but the title and description say iPad 2. The description also says "Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording Power".

More importantly my emailed receipt says iPad 2.

In the end they can either honor the price or choose not to sell it to me, but they can't charge me more than what my receipt says.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
The photo is iPad 1, but the title and description say iPad 2. The description also says "Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording Power".

More importantly my emailed receipt says iPad 2.

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. Good luck on it. I showed to my wife and she asked how many did she need to buy. I decided to just hold off.

Samething happened a year or so on a hard drive... A site posted a hard drive for sale and it was less than 90% it's normal price.. So my best friend and I bought 10 each... They later emailed stating it was a typing error and they refunded the totals back.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
They turned off the add to cart feature for it, so it seems they have caught the mistake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.