PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Uh Oh, My XCode 4 Went Corrupt?

Yellowstone2012
Jul 15, 2011, 09:47 PM
I've attached an image for reference; notice how the "connect" button is disabled? How did this happen?

Any Ideas?

PS: I've manually created the "imageOne" outlet.

Update: Just created another project, and cannot connect an outlet in that one either.

Please don't tell me I have to uninstall and reinstall Mr. 4.5GB :-(

jiminaus
Jul 15, 2011, 10:26 PM
Assume you're doing something wrong, not that the XCode has become corrupt or that there's a bug.

You haven't typed in the name of the new outlet, that's why the connect button is greyed out. You've dragged from the design surface into the assistant editor. You do that to insert a new outlet, not to connect to an existing outlet.

If you want to connect to an existing outlet, right-click on File's Owner in the object bar on the right, drag from the circle on the right of the relevant outlet to the object on the design surface.

Yellowstone2012
Jul 15, 2011, 11:06 PM
Assume you're doing something wrong, not that the XCode has become corrupt or that there's a bug.

You haven't typed in the name of the new outlet, that's why the connect button is greyed out. You've dragged from the design surface into the assistant editor. You do that to insert a new outlet, not to connect to an existing outlet.

If you want to connect to an existing outlet, right-click on File's Owner in the object bar on the right, drag from the circle on the right of the relevant outlet to the object on the design surface.

Damn... Its working now :)
I didn't notice that you had to begin typing for the "connect" button to become available.

I learn something new about the :apple: world everyday.

Thanks for the help!