Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Sometimes when I open an app from the home screen there is lag where it doesn't animate when it opens, it just takes a split second longer to open and the app suddenly appears. Sometimes it can occur quite often.

Anyone else experiencing this sort of lag in iOS 4.3/4.3.3? I have an iPad 1.

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
It used to happen to me on my iPod touch 4G and iPad 1 on iOS 4.3.3. Since i jailbreak, i just deleted a certain line on a plist file on the devices and it fixed it completely. Everything opens up nice and smooth.

Closing apps? That's another matter entirely. Apps still quit without any animation when the device is out of ram.

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
@steve, whats the line on the plist file did you delete? i dont notice anything. i mean i really cant catch half a second.

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
@steve, whats the line on the plist file did you delete? i dont notice anything. i mean i really cant catch half a second.

Well, if you notice it doesn't do the opening animation as you open an app from the home menu, then that's the problem I'm referring to. Things just seem a bit 'slower' as well, multitasking between different apps, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.