Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
My iTunes is taking forever to sync and it freezes when I transfer everything over. I done a restore and I'm unable to sync anything as it takes forever and freezes. Ive ran spyware cleans, changed cable, changed USB reinstalled iTunes and still it's doing it.

Any ideas?

Cybervamp

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2011
UK
iTunes downloads App updates but not showing up.

I am very new to the Mac, just over a month, (15 years of Windows) I am having the same problems with iTunes as well as my iPhone & iPad Apps keep showing as updates available, but when I click "update all" nothing happens.
If I go into downloads within iTunes I can see them all downloading, but still show as updates available. iTunes sometimes syncs very slow and sometimes freezes. I reboot and sync then works ok, but can't get the updates to work.
Also if I do a transfer from iPhone or iPad to iTunes the Apps still don't show.

As I say, I am new to the Mac and have clearly done something wrong but don't know what. I have a 27 inc iMac i7 with SSD & HDD, my iTunes files are on the HDD with Mac OS X on the SSD, I copied over my iTunes library from my Windows machine and it looked fine.

Any help would be appreciated, and please tell me if there is anything wrong with having my files on the other drive.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Well it's taking foever again.

I've hd a few issues here ith my IPad and iTunes:

*Updating then software it makes me do a restore.

*Sometimes takes forever to sync so if I log off and back on it won't detect the iPad even if I disconnect after it freezes now i have to reboot.

*The ITunes programme actually freezes whilst I pick items to sync so the past few days I cnt sync properly. :mad:

*STILL Safarinon my IPad locks up with the little loading sign up by the wi-fi bar seems nobody can find a proper fix for this for me.

I'm really getting sick of this now. My apple stuff never use to freeze now it's a nightmare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.