Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
should i get an ipad 2 now or should i wait till black friday. will there be big enough deals that it will be worth the wait? how much of a discount is expected on and ipad 2 on black friday? thanks!

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
should i get an ipad 2 now or should i wait till black friday. will there be big enough deals that it will be worth the wait? how much of a discount is expected on and ipad 2 on black friday? thanks!

None I should think. As far as I'm aware Apple doesn't allow retailers to discount their hardware. Besides there is still a high demand for iPad 2's and it's only now that the online Apple store has reduced it's dispatch time to just a few days. In my opinion you're not going to see any deals regards the iPad 2 then or any other time.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Black Friday only saved you 45 dollars on the original iPad. Not even enough to pay for tax in SoCal.

Cannoli.

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
Have any of you actually seen the apple website on black Friday?

They usually take a hundred dollars off most of their computers; however, I can't remember if anything happened with the iPad's price specifically.

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
None I should think. As far as I'm aware Apple doesn't allow retailers to discount their hardware. Besides there is still a high demand for iPad 2's and it's only now that the online Apple store has reduced it's dispatch time to just a few days. In my opinion you're not going to see any deals regards the iPad 2 then or any other time.

ok, you might be right this sounds plausible but i do remember that last year at least one website, maybe macmall or something like that gave some pretty good black friday sales on ipads and macbooks and other apple products so maybe what they were doing was illegal or you are wrong about that. also i got my last ipod touch from best buy discountedand it wasn't discounted on apple.com.

Last edited:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
After I knew I would buy one, I waited four months for the second one. Some of us are patient if we value the reward.

Each to their own, but if it were me and $45 was worth doing without an iPad for four months, I would seriously reconsider buying one. If it isn't worth $10/month to have an iPad, I don't see the point in buying it since its resale value drops faster than that. Just me though.

To the OP, last Thanksgiving iPads weren't discounted AFAIK, but some places probably threw in gift cards, accessories, or other stuff. A quick search on google should answer your question about what Black Friday 2010 deals were in place.

Cannoli.

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
- $101 off iMacs
- $101 off MacBook Pros
- $101 off of the 13-inch MacBook Airs
- $41 off iPads
- Up to $21 off the iPod nanos
- Up to $41 off iPod touch models

APPLE-BLACK-FRIDAY-2010-SALES.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/26/apple-black-friday-2010-sales_n_788543.html

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
After I knew I would buy one, I waited four months for the second one. Some of us are patient if we value the reward.

I did too but that's because we all knew a new model was coming out soon. Here we are just talking about saving some money and as someone else said if you wait 4 months for 41 dollars. Might reconsider purchasing it at all because obviously you don't want it that bad.

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Each to their own, but if it were me and $45 was worth doing without an iPad for four months, I would seriously reconsider buying one. If it isn't worth $10/month to have an iPad, I don't see the point in buying it since its resale value drops faster than that. Just me though.

To the OP, last Thanksgiving iPads weren't discounted AFAIK, but some places probably threw in gift cards, accessories, or other stuff. A quick search on google should answer your question about what Black Friday 2010 deals were in place.

ok well i dont think i will wait 40 $ is not worth plus i can save 40 if iget it on tax free day. by the way i live in mass, does anyone know when the tax free day is?

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
ok well i dont think i will wait 40 $ is not worth plus i can save 40 if iget it on tax free day. by the way i live in mass, does anyone know when the tax free day is?

Are iPads exempted from sales taxes in that tax free day? :confused:

BadgerMac

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
I've been holding out on a deal for awhile and found one.

Best BUy has a 10% off the open-box price on items right now through 7/23. I also had $60 in reward zone credit. I was limited to what was available on Open Box, but found a 64GB Verizon 3G iPad (normally am an AT&T guy) for $746.99. Take 10% off of that to get $672.29. Then I took my $60 in credit off to get $612.29+tax for mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.