PDA

View Full Version : Using phone browser after using iPad

ethics101
Jul 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
It's become very hard for me to use my phone for anything other than Email and Web after using my iPad. Browsing used to be a luxury when I was on my phone now it's tedious and I can't do anything more than google something without being frustrated. Anyone else feel the same?

Mr.C
Jul 17, 2011, 11:09 AM
Pretty much so. I find it difficult and frustrating to browse on my iPhone even more so since I got my iPad. Having said that I don't always have my iPad and if I'm in a store and want to check prices or reviews on a product I do all be it reluctantly turn to my iPhone.

btbrossard
Jul 17, 2011, 12:25 PM
I think this is pretty universal. Every phone seems clunky/small/frustrating in comparison to the iPad, even the iPhone.

When the original iPad came out, the MacWorld podcast had some discussion this.

miamialley
Jul 17, 2011, 12:30 PM
Yep. The idea of using my phone for any web task that takes more than 15 seconds is pretty ridiculous to me at this point.

MrBambinoDent
Jul 17, 2011, 12:55 PM
Same here.
I carry my iPad most of the time which made iPhone less and less productive for me.
I felt like I'm spoiled to feel so but now I know I'm not the only one :D

Ronnoco
Jul 17, 2011, 01:04 PM
I concur as well...and when iOS messaging gets here I'll use my iPhone even less...:D

SXR
Jul 17, 2011, 02:02 PM
Not really. I still love my iPhone, but it does look tiny when i just used my iPad for a few hours. It feels kind of weird haha.

rgarjr
Jul 17, 2011, 02:36 PM
I dont carry my pad but always do have the ip4 to surf.

Mr.C
Jul 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
I dont carry my pad but always do have the ip4 to surf.

Same here but it doesn't mean I like internet browsing on my phone or don't find it frustrating. With Wi-Fi access it's not so bad but with 3G it's hard to do.

wackymacky
Jul 17, 2011, 04:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The lack of screen space is a big deal, but it is fine browsing the web on the bus etc.

erayser
Jul 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
When I got my iPad 1 on launch day, it felt awkward using a big device in public to browse with. I would always pull out my iPhone... even if I carry my iPad everywhere I go. Since then, I use my iPad 2 everywhere I go. I see more and more people with tablets in public, so it doesn't seem as awkward anymore. I always have my iPhone with me, but my iPad 2 is the first thing I grab when I want to browse.