Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
Pics would be awesome!?!? On the Incipio website they have it pictured on a black iPhone ;( I have spent way too much on cases already and would like to see some pics before I purchase it.

I already have a black feather from when I had a black iPhone 4 but it doesn't look so great on the white iPhone.

Thanks!!!

ann713

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2008
California
If you happen to stop by a Target, they'll have them in stock. The white feather is more of a glossy pearl white, it looks a lot different compared to the white of the iPhone. A nice case looking case but there is no lay on the table protection which was the deal-breaker for me.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
Wow. I had no clue target carried accessories like that. Thanks a lot!!! The no lay on the table design doesnt matter much to me bc I never put the phone face down lol. I can never understand the big deal with the lay on the table. Who puts their phone down on the face!? Apparently a lot of ppl but I don't get why you would unless you just get pure joy looking at the back of the iPhone which is compromised by a case anyway or you enjoy having to turn it over to check the day And time and to see who's calling!?

Anyway, Thank you for the tip. I appreciate it!!!

ann713

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2008
California
You're most welcome. The "lay on table" need isn't just for sliding across the table. I don't ever place my phone down face-down either. :p On a serious note, if you were to drop your phone, there's nothing protecting the screen and therefore nothing to absorb the shock. Your screen is entirely exposed. It's a big deal for me but I'm just a clumsy person!

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
I see what you're saying. But only something with a thick lip which adds too much bulk for my liking would prevent scratching from a face drop. The cases like the in case snap case make me laugh as if the 1 mm lip will protect it from a drop on the face.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I see what you're saying. But only something with a thick lip which adds too much bulk for my liking would prevent scratching from a face drop. The cases like the in case snap case make me laugh as if the 1 mm lip will protect it from a drop on the face.

It doesn't protect the face from shattering but what it does protect from is chips in the edges of the front face glass. I dropped my iPhone 4 with a white incipio feather on and suffered gashes in the edge of the glass. I now use a pinlo blade edge on my white iPhone 4.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
It doesn't protect the face from shattering but what it does protect from is chips in the edges of the front face glass. I dropped my iPhone 4 with a white incipio feather on and suffered gashes in the edge of the glass. I now use a pinlo blade edge on my white iPhone 4.

Ouch!!! I've not dropped mine yet. Hope that trend continues...

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
#1 Calvy, are u on Verizon or gsm? I've been dying to find out if the bladedge fits the CDMA iPhone!?!?!? I can't tell by the pics on pinlos site and it doesnt state either way... And no one has responded on the forums either as to whether it is CDMA compatible or not

And #2, I got the white feather today for the white iPhone since no one seems to have it so I will post pics later so everyone can see how it looks. And Ann713 previously stated that the glossy pearl is way different than the color of the white of the iPhone 4, but to be honest, it's not really noticeable unless you're staring at it intensely.

lemme know what u think when I post pics.

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2010
Still no pics? I wanna see if it looks any different from the white iPhone 4 in an Incase Snap Frost case from an earlier thread ;)

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
okay, finally, here are some pictures. sorry about the quality of the pics...i had to use the camera on my wife's iphone to shoot mine....

lemme know what you all think!!!!!

Attachments

• feather3.JPG
    feather3.JPG
    536 KB · Views: 86
  • feather2.JPG
    feather2.JPG
    486.2 KB · Views: 94
  • feather1.JPG
    feather1.JPG
    419.4 KB · Views: 88
  • feather5.JPG
    feather5.JPG
    434.4 KB · Views: 108
  • feather4.JPG
    feather4.JPG
    510.8 KB · Views: 108

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
maximum of 5 attachments!? here are the rest of the pics i took...

Attachments

• feather9.JPG
    feather9.JPG
    544.3 KB · Views: 85
  • feather8.JPG
    feather8.JPG
    496 KB · Views: 5,868
  • feather7.JPG
    feather7.JPG
    496.4 KB · Views: 72
  • feather6.JPG
    feather6.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 89

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2010
Honestly? I'm not feelin the huge, open spaces it leaves on the phone :( And it looks plastic instead of smooth matte.
I do like how on the back there's no black ring around the lens and flash though, but that's about it.

gokart mozart

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Honestly? I'm not feelin the huge, open spaces it leaves on the phone :( And it looks plastic instead of smooth matte.
I do like how on the back there's no black ring around the lens and flash though, but that's about it.

Typically, that black ring is a good thing. It absorbs any light reflected back at the phone from its own flash in certain lighting conditions. There's a purpose for it. As for the open spaces around the edges, that's par for the course with snap cases. If you want more coverage, you may want to look at something more along the lines of a slider or one piece design such as a Switcheasy Vulcan or Switcheasy Trim. If bulk is a concern, then a Vulcan over a Trim or a slider. SGP also makes nice slim cases with good coverage, but idk if they come in white.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008

the thought behind the design with no black ring is that Incipio felt it was thin enough that the flash would not reflect back. I have tried it i can't say i have really noticed an "blob" issues myself.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
the case looks kinda thick still. I'm rocking a pinlo slice. Kinda expensive but super thin. I'm gonna try to not remove the case as much to prevent the case from tearing but love its thinness.

Oh and like you I too don't care about lay on the table design or bulky cases for that matter.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
I would definitely prefer the slice as well but that would be if they made a transparent white or clear one for the cdma Verizon model which they don't. All they have is an ugly checkered backed transparent black case which looks terrible on the white iPhone. (I bought it when I had a black iPhone lol)

stcizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
Was playing around with the camera and Yes, This case does cause some washing out / white circling effects when flash pics are taken, not on all but some pics which is disappointing. Time to throw in the fail pile of about 10 other cases haha. Plastic material was also a disappointment from experiencing the nice smooth matte black version they make when I had a black iPhone.

Awjvail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
It would bother the hell out of me that the white phone and the case are two different shades of white... but that's just me.

josun

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011

I have dropped my phone countless times from different heights (sometimes face down) and the incase snap case has kept my phone damage free so I don't understand what you're laughing about. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.