Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rlu929s

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
I was one saying for my needs I'd probably try and pick up a refurbed maxed out air online when the new air units were released. However, if they come with 4GB and a backlit keyboard. That could sway me. You throw the better processor and I'm really tempted.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I was one saying for my needs I'd probably try and pick up a refurbed maxed out air online when the new air units were released. However, if they come with 4GB and a backlit keyboard. That could sway me. You throw the better processor and I'm really tempted.

The backlit keyboard would be nice. But someone with the cash would be in the catbird seat upon the release...sit back, look at the specs, and wait for the reviewers and benchmarkers to chime in with their opinions and some performance numbers.

If the new ones are better for the same price point, buy new. If the difference is less than stellar, buy a refurbished one from Apple, a discontinued one from BB or another retailer, or snag one up from a private party on CL. People will briefly have their choice of models to choose from based upon their anticipated needs and purse strings.

aery

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2009
Canada
I was also contemplating buying a refurb after refresh. I would really like the backlit keyboard though. I think if they do get the backlit I'll just wait until those show up refurb as I don't really need an Air or any notebook for that matter, just think they're wicked. I'm still thinking the Air might be overkill for me and I should just get an iPad to complement my iMac. Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that I understand the dilemma.

justywusty

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yup! Add me to the list...I'm gonna see what is revealed before deciding. I was just waiting to get the refurbs for even cheaper before...

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
Be nice to have a backlit keyboard and longer battery life
but only if the new 11" is a quiet as the current one,
price difference will be a factor as well.

It will probably be a $500 - $600 premium
for a new ultimate 11 vs the current top 11 refurb?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.