Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Platypusman99

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
When I bought the 13" MBA with 128 GB I figured that there would be upgrades to bigger capacity SSD's within six months or so. I have heard of some fairly expensive upgrade options but haven't seen any posts from people who have upgraded. My drive is almost at capacity and I am now in need of that upgrade.

At this point I am thinking that if there aren't better alternatives i might just sell what I have and get the new 2011 MBA when it comes out in a few days with a bigger HD.

Beaverman3001

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2010
I have the 240GB SSD from OWC for the 2010 MBA, love it, drive is faster than the original Toshiba drive mine shipped with and the capacity is perfect for my needs, even for a main computer. OWC provides the only upgrade opportunities for the 2010 models at the moment.

Platypusman99

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that OWC has lowered the price of their 360 GB model to $779. Still very high but a definite improvement. I look forward to see what the prices on the new 13" with bigger drives will be when they come out later this week, hopefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.