Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Vacuous, autotuned, manufactured, nothingness. Right down to the leather jacket makeover with thrashing guitarist backing (despite the song being synths). It's a reach to call it music.

You're right that the hate comments at her are too much. They should be directed at the manufactured pop producers who cynically put her through this.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
You're right that the hate comments at her are too much.

No kidding, a lot of them were death threats and stuff of the like.
I wont lie though, some of the comments on this video are funny though.

"It looks like Rebecca decided to sit in the back at 2:38"

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Vacuous, autotuned, manufactured, nothingness. Right down to the leather jacket makeover with thrashing guitarist backing (despite the song being synths). It's a reach to call it music.

You're right that the hate comments at her are too much. They should be directed at the manufactured pop producers who cynically put her through this.

I too noticed the guitarist lol. I don't like this song but its better than her last one. Its just too preteen-ish.

And yes, the hate threats are insane. She's a teenager who didn't hurt anyone (unless someone was actually hurt by "Friday" :p)

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia

While I do agree that it is just generic pop garbage.

I don't see anything bad with what the producers are putting her through. Being rich and famous? I'd have my voice heavily synthesized in some generic pop crap to have tasteless people throwing money at me.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Too awful for words but Andy hit the nail on the head. (I assume it's the same vid that made the rounds recently, since that one has been blocked)

I find it interesting that she's managed to get to this position without an ounce of talent, though.

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
The world needs to stop hating on this girl. Yes, she may not be the best, but hey, she's getting paid big bucks at least. Let the rage/hate fill her pockets with money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.