Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I'm unable to add a bluetooth mouse on a new install of W7.

I select Add a Device and then the scan returns nothing. I've tried with 2 mice, a generic Logitech one and a Magic Mouse.

When I click on the list of installed hardware in W7, it lists the following as having missing drivers
  • Bluetooth USB host controller
  • Built in iSight
  • Coprocessor
  • SM Bus controller

Brand new MBA and W7 Ultimate, 32 bit. Boot Camp V3.2

Any thoughts?

DonCarlos

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
Las Vegas
While you are in Windows.

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input.

tonty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I think have identified some cause of the issue. After I installed W7, I booted in Windows, then inserted the USB thumbdrive MacOS came on so I could install the Windows drivers. This failed to mount, so I used a DVD of Snow Leopard I also had. This mounted fine and I installed the drivers.

But as I mentioned, many of the drivers are not working. So I'm thinking that I need the specific drivers on the USB install, the ones for the MBA.

So, here's the issue. When I insert the USB thumbdrive with MacOS into the W7 machine, nothing happens.

tonty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
My bad. I've fixed this now.

I didn't realise that the drivers are now downloaded from Apple by the Boot Camp Assistant. They used to be bundled on the install DVD.

Everything working fine now :)

egloria2

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
MAc bootcamp help

My bad. I've fixed this now.

I didn't realise that the drivers are now downloaded from Apple by the Boot Camp Assistant. They used to be bundled on the install DVD.

Everything working fine now :)

Any help with this....I am in the same boat. I am not ven showing the bluetooth icon on the windows side. I have done practilcally everything. I have installed and reinstalled, but still nothing. I have no other ideas and need the windows side for the bluetooths options.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Any help with this....I am in the same boat. I am not ven showing the bluetooth icon on the windows side. I have done practilcally everything. I have installed and reinstalled, but still nothing. I have no other ideas and need the windows side for the bluetooths options.

Did you copy the "windows support software" from the boot camp assistant and install those? If not, re-run bca and download those drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.