PDA

View Full Version : Google+ Debuts in App Store

MacRumors
Jul 19, 2011, 11:10 AM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/19/google-debuts-in-app-store/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/07/google_plus_app.jpg

As noted by MacStories (http://www.macstories.net/news/official-google-app-for-iphone-now-available/), the new Google+ app (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google/id447119634?ls=1&mt=8) offering users a number of features related to the company's new social networking service has just gone live in the App Store.Google+ for mobile makes sharing the right things with the right people a lot simpler. Huddle lets you send super-fast messages to the people you care about most. And no matter where you are, the stream lets you stay in the loop about what your friends are sharing and where they're checking in.

Features:
* Circles let you share the right things with just the right people.
* Stream is where you can get updates from your circles or see what people are saying about things nearby.
* Huddle is super-fast group messaging for everyone in your circles.Google+ is a free app designed for the iPhone. Google prefers that iPad users directly access Google+ via the web app available at google.com/+ (http://www.google.com/+).

Article Link: Google+ Debuts in App Store (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/19/google-debuts-in-app-store/)

dethmaShine
Jul 19, 2011, 11:11 AM
Love the new Facebook app. ;)

AAPLaday
Jul 19, 2011, 11:12 AM
Great! Now watch Google+ grow even faster!

mikeoui
Jul 19, 2011, 11:15 AM
I don't see it in the app store...

joeshmo2010
Jul 19, 2011, 11:16 AM
great, not compatible with ios 5. opening the stream crashes the app. screw you google

Xenius
Jul 19, 2011, 11:16 AM
Yes, been waiting for this. Though I don't yet see it in the store.

ChazUK
Jul 19, 2011, 11:18 AM
great, not compatible with ios 5. opening the stream crashes the app. screw you google

Why are you using beta firmware and complaining about compatibility? Seems absurd to do so.

djdeckster
Jul 19, 2011, 11:18 AM
Does anyone have any invites still left for Google+?

diamond.g
Jul 19, 2011, 11:19 AM

Yay beta...

ps45
Jul 19, 2011, 11:20 AM
Google's sense of aethetics has always seemed far removed from my own, and this app is no exception.

Sneakz
Don't bother with this app on iOS 5. It'll crash doing almost anything.

dethmaShine

Beta product on a different beta product and it doesn't work?

RELEASE TEH DRAGON!

mjselvig
Jul 19, 2011, 11:21 AM
What? Not for iPad? I was looking forward to getting it on my iPad, because the web app sucks, both the mobile and desktop version. Why? Because not all features works correctly on the desktop version on iPad. And the mobile version... well, it's the mobile version. iPad is no mobile. It is mobile, but more a laptop than a phone/iPod.

Northgrove
Jul 19, 2011, 11:24 AM

It's not spread internationally yet. Wait a day or two.

Craiger
Jul 19, 2011, 11:24 AM

Give me your gmail and I'll invite you. They don't have a limit on invites right now.

Northgrove
Jul 19, 2011, 11:25 AM

Google only supports released, final software.

Mr_Brightside_@
Jul 19, 2011, 11:25 AM

Yes, been waiting for this. Though I don't yet see it in the store.
Use the links in the article, but I think it's currently US only :( can't find it on the Canadian store

PM me your email

SFStateStudent
Jul 19, 2011, 11:26 AM
Had to go old-school and add to Homescreen. No app in app store...:mad:

AdeFowler
Jul 19, 2011, 11:27 AM
Give me your gmail and I'll invite you. They don't have a limit on invites right now.

I'm actually surprised that it's invite only. Is demand really that high :confused:

labaom
Its in the iTunes Desktop Store. I tried putting it on my iPod Touch 2g, it says it is not supported. But what doesn't make sense is that it supports iPhone 3g and 3.1 OS or higher?!

mikeoui
Don't bother with this app on iOS 5. It'll crash doing almost anything.

I guess it doesn't matter that I don't even see it in the app store then.

Northgrove
Jul 19, 2011, 11:28 AM
What? Not for iPad? I was looking forward to getting it on my iPad, because the web app sucks, both the mobile and desktop version. Why? Because not all features works correctly on the desktop version on iPad. And the mobile version... well, it's the mobile version. iPad is no mobile. It is mobile, but more a laptop than a phone/iPod.

Agreed. Disappointing! The mobile web UI is horrible and lacks features as liking comments, editing posts, posting links, sharing posts, editing circle names, and much more.

The desktop web UI would work fine for iPad though, except that Mobile Safari doesn't seem to manage the post boxes. I can't give the status post box focus on my iPad. Perhaps improved in iOS 5?

diamond.g
Jul 19, 2011, 11:29 AM
I guess it doesn't matter that I don't even see it in the app store then.

Copy the link from the article above and it will open to the app in the store

Does anyone else use 2 factor authentication with Google?

BryanLyle
Jul 19, 2011, 11:29 AM

Yep. Falls all over itself.

astrosinmyeyes
Jul 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
So doesn't feature in app store on ipod, downloaded on mac, sync'ed and then got this message: "The app Google+ was not installed on the ipod xxxxxxxx bexause it is not compatible with this ipod."
HEY GOOGLE! One word: FAIL!!!!:confused:
FACEBOOK might not be all that but at least it works on my ipod.

mdatwood
Jul 19, 2011, 11:30 AM

Blame Apple. The app has been awaiting approval for almost 3 weeks! Google has likely fixed the bugs in the latest iOS5 beta, but didn't want to keep waiting on Apple by submitting another version which they would have likely started the process all over again.

mdatwood
Jul 19, 2011, 11:31 AM

Better question would be who doesn't? :)

strabes
Jul 19, 2011, 11:33 AM

I can share a post with you and it will let you join. I've done it this way for two of my friends. PM me your email if you want.

salesguy
Jul 19, 2011, 11:35 AM
"Compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. Requires iOS 3.1 or later."

It keep crashing on me, anyone else not on iOS 5 having issues with it? It opens and then crashes, can't even get to home screen on app.

slicecom
Jul 19, 2011, 11:36 AM
Blame Apple. The app has been awaiting approval for almost 3 weeks! Google has likely fixed the bugs in the latest iOS5 beta, but didn't want to keep waiting on Apple by submitting another version which they would have likely started the process all over again.

No, blame yourself for running beta software not intended for use by the public.

diamond.g
Jul 19, 2011, 11:38 AM
Better question would be who doesn't? :)

I noticed it doesn't use the app-specific passwords. It seems like the app is just reformatting content from the website so much so that it doesn't bother to use app-specific password.

Rat-Boy
Jul 19, 2011, 11:39 AM

ROFL..

Oh wait, you were serious?

EricBrian
Jul 19, 2011, 11:39 AM

Yes, of course. Everybody should.

andylyon
Jul 19, 2011, 11:40 AM

iOS5 is beta, why assume everything will work?

AAPLaday
Jul 19, 2011, 11:41 AM

Yeah lts a great idea. Extra protection never hurt anyone :)

djdeckster
Jul 19, 2011, 11:47 AM
Lol at the people thinking this should run PERFECTLY on iOS 5 beta. :confused:

joeshmo2010
Jul 19, 2011, 11:48 AM
ROFL..

Oh wait, you were serious?

Ah that's SOOOOO FREAKING HILARIOUS DUDE.

joeshmo2010
Jul 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
No, blame yourself for running beta software not intended for use by the public.

You do Realize that all developers are technically considered part "public"

ovrlrd
Jul 19, 2011, 11:51 AM
I think it's hilarious that Google thinks the iPad doesn't need its own app. They made the Android version work on tablets, so clearly they are just being lazy here.

slicecom
Jul 19, 2011, 11:53 AM
You do Realize that all developers are technically considered part "public"

So is everyone that works at or owns private companies, semantics. It's clear what I meant, and clear that you don't understand the concept of Beta , developer-only software.

AAPLaday
Jul 19, 2011, 11:54 AM
I think it's hilarious that Google thinks the iPad doesn't need its own app. They made the Android version work on tablets, so clearly they are just being lazy here.

Maybe they were waiting to see if Apple would approve the iPhone version first.

cathyow
Jul 19, 2011, 11:54 AM

I can share a post with you and it will let you join. I've done it this way for two of my friends. PM me your email if you want.

How do you PM ?

MasterHowl
Jul 19, 2011, 11:57 AM
thoroughly disappointed with the lack of iPad App.

djdeckster
Jul 19, 2011, 11:57 AM
How do you PM ?

It's all in the MacRumors FAQ. :)

BreuerEditor
Jul 19, 2011, 11:58 AM
Not supported on iPod Touch??? I can understand not for iPad yet, but iPhone and iPod Touch apps are usually interchangeable I thought? :confused::confused::confused:

mdatwood
Jul 19, 2011, 11:58 AM

I wasn't the one complaining, but if there is a complaint it needs to be directed at Apple for taking almost 3 weeks to turn around an app submission. This means that if iOS5 had been released in the last 3 weeks it wouldn't be beta and the app still wouldn't work.

I noticed it doesn't use the app-specific passwords. It seems like the app is just reformatting content from the website so much so that it doesn't bother to use app-specific password.

The app does 2 factor authentication just fine.

djdeckster
Jul 19, 2011, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately it won't allow me to yet. I'm a new member, and I have to be a member for "at least one day" -_- but I did make the account yesterday. So who knows. :confused:

DagazaGZ
Jul 19, 2011, 12:03 PM
It's not in the Canadian store.

3bs
Jul 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Yeah lts a great idea. Extra protection never hurt anyone :)

What exactly is 2 factor authentication?

ThatDudeF
Jul 19, 2011, 12:08 PM
Pleaseeeeee?

slicecom
Jul 19, 2011, 12:09 PM

Yes it is. I downloaded it an hour ago.

BornAgainMac
Jul 19, 2011, 12:09 PM
In case you try to search it, it won't come up. You either have to wait until it is in the top most popular app (to see it) or click on the link in this story. I think new apps don't get indexed immediately. I tried "google+" and "google plus".

diamond.g
Jul 19, 2011, 12:11 PM
I wasn't the one complaining, but if there is a complaint it needs to be directed at Apple for taking almost 3 weeks to turn around an app submission. This means that if iOS5 had been released in the last 3 weeks it wouldn't be beta and the app still wouldn't work.

The app does 2 factor authentication just fine.

Yeah, but you can only save the auth code for 30 days. App-Specific passwords are permanent (until you revoke it at least). You have to admit, it is fairly inelegant having to swap between the authenticator and the app to be able to log in (if you forget to check that little box).

sciwizam
Jul 19, 2011, 12:12 PM
Here's the lead product manager for the mobile apps at Google responding to early feedback.

https://plus.google.com/111499908439497508351/posts/3Rxb3BQt775

Hi guys...I know some of you are having issues with the iPhone app. A few comments below (I posted this on +Robert Scoble 's post, reposting as a new post):

- IOS5 is unsupported at this point.
- iPad/iPhone device support is coming soon.

1. It doesn't keep me logged in. Even though I had told it to. Oh, wait, now it is.
- We have not seen this issue so far. But we are going to do another round of testing on Authentication and iterate.

2. I don't see a way to upload a photo, like the Android app has. Nevermind, I found that, you have to click on the photos app where the camera icon is very small.
- Thanks for the feedback. We will take another look at our UI flows.

3. It frequently freezes on me.
- We discovered an issue where the App freezes when there are posts with tons of comments on it. We have a fix for it and its coming soon.

4. It has crashed twice so far. UPDATE: Six times.
- This may be related to the lack of IOS5 support. We are digging deep into other crash reports as we speak.

5. No way to share.
- That is a feature we are working on for both Android and iPhone. Coming soon.

Many thanks to our users' for their patience and support as we make things better.
Punit

ksgant
Jul 19, 2011, 12:14 PM
Does anyone even have Google+ yet? All I see are the reporters and tech bloggers having it. But no one I know has it yet.

And when listening to tech podcasts, they're all under the assumption that EVERYONE has it and have gone on to talk about tips and tricks and how people use it...when it still just seems to be some exclusive club of a few high-profile people.

It sounds great, but I'm sick of everyone in the tech-news world talking about it when it seems they're the only ones that have it.

andylyon
Jul 19, 2011, 12:15 PM
Pleaseeeeee?

<email hidden>

Dude, i'd edit that post, you don't want your email address in a public forum.

Especially when its full of crazy fan boys :p

joeshmo2010
Jul 19, 2011, 12:17 PM
Does anyone even have Google+ yet? All I see are the reporters and tech bloggers having it. But no one I know has it yet.

And when listening to tech podcasts, they're all under the assumption that EVERYONE has it and have gone on to talk about tips and tricks and how people use it...when it still just seems to be some exclusive club of a few high-profile people.

It sounds great, but I'm sick of everyone in the tech-news world talking about it when it seems they're the only ones that have it.

Majority of my friends have it

djdeckster
Jul 19, 2011, 12:18 PM

Exactly why I didn't post mine. :p

andylyon
Jul 19, 2011, 12:18 PM

Yeah 20 million+ users I hear now, there definitely isn't that many tech bloggers! I know about 30 people with it and I only have had it 24 hours. Seems to be growing pretty quick.

AAPLaday
Jul 19, 2011, 12:19 PM

Most MR members who want an invite have one now :)

What exactly is 2 factor authentication?

Its an extra security feature for Gmail and other Google products.

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=1056283&topic=1056284

DagazaGZ
Jul 19, 2011, 12:29 PM
In case you try to search it, it won't come up. You either have to wait until it is in the top most popular app (to see it) or click on the link in this story. I think new apps don't get indexed immediately. I tried "google+" and "google plus".

Ah, thx for the heads up.

ThatDudeF
Jul 19, 2011, 12:34 PM
Hahaha - Yeah I totally agree, I deleted the post, I received the invite thanks guys! :D

Norinion
Jul 19, 2011, 12:39 PM
Not iPhone 4 supported lol

I found it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google/id447119634?mt=8

but downloading it to iTunes and moving to iPhone didn't work

Snowy_River
Jul 19, 2011, 12:42 PM

And then you quote his post so that even if he edits the original post you're still showing his address in your post? Brilliant.

dscuber9000
Jul 19, 2011, 12:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wow, that looks identical to Facebook.

nemex
Jul 19, 2011, 12:43 PM

I do have Google+ :)

andylyon
Jul 19, 2011, 12:48 PM
And then you quote his post so that even if he edits the original post you're still showing his address in your post? Brilliant.

Well no, as I've hidden the email address.

Mitchelino
Jul 19, 2011, 12:50 PM
Bummer that the app is iPhone only. Was hoping for a native client on my iPod, even if it had less features than the iPhone version. Oh well, at least there is a good web app. Bad thing about the web app is that there's no way to upload photos.

Yeah 20 million+ users I hear now

Wow! Growing quite fast. I remember hearing a few days or a week ago that in it's first 2 weeks Google+ reached 10M users. Pretty good for invite only.

AAPLaday
Jul 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
Wow! Growing quite fast. I remember hearing a few days or a week ago that in it's first 2 weeks Google+ reached 10M users. Pretty good for invite only.

I think people have been aching for a viable Facebook alternative for a while now.

YSR50
Jul 19, 2011, 12:57 PM
Hate to be "that guy", but is anyone willing to send me an invite? I have the app but no way of using it lol

paulsalter
Jul 19, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hate to be "that guy", but is anyone willing to send me an invite? I have the app but no way of using it lol

if you send me a PM with your gmail address I will add you

Mitchelino
Jul 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
I think people have been aching for a viable Facebook alternative for a while now.

I'm one of those people. Before I eve heard of Google+ I wanted to deactivate my Facebook account. I haven't yet, but I plan to slowly remove my information and photos from Facebook and move them over to Google+.

If you or anyone needs an invite, I can invite you. PM me.

sciwizam
Jul 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
Looks like the app store was serving a test version of the Google+ app for the first hour and 40 mins. Get the latest version 1.0.1.1809

https://plus.google.com/111499908439497508351/posts/dESepcDjBZi

Anonymous Freak
Jul 19, 2011, 01:11 PM

Uh........ What?

"If Apple hadn't taken so long approving, AND Apple had released their now-beta OS two months early, it would be a problem!" Is that honestly your argument?

I would have to imagine that if iOS 5 were released in the past three weeks, either:
A. iOS would be stable enough that this app would work.
B. Apple wouldn't have approved the Google App because it doesn't work with iOS 5.

For people complaining, the idea of iOS 5's current status is for developers to work on their own apps with it. I'm sure Google is doing everything they can to make it work with iOS 5, including working directly with Apple, if necessary.

Yeah, it's an inconvenience to not have all apps work, but that's why Apple specifically tells you not to use your 'production' equipment with iOS 5. (Just as how the developer previews/betas of Mac OS X say not to use them on production systems.)

You agreed to the terms when you joined the developer program and installed preview/beta software.

What's that? You DIDN'T agree? You're NOT running it legally? Then stop bitching! Wait for iOS 5 to come out to the general public, and lo-and-behold, you'll find that there won't be these annoying incompatibilities. (And if you ARE a developer running it legitimately: 1. You shouldn't be talking about it on a public board, 2. You should know that Google (and possibly Apple) are working to resolve it. Stop bitching.)

andylyon
Jul 19, 2011, 01:11 PM
Looks like the app store was serving a test version of the Google+ app for the first hour and 40 mins. Get the latest version 1.0.1.1809

https://plus.google.com/111499908439497508351/posts/dESepcDjBZi

Good spot, wow gotta be the quickest update I've ever seen for an app!

2 Replies
Jul 19, 2011, 01:28 PM
Use the link on your computer.
Download it on your computer and it will appear in your "Purchased" menu on your phone's App store.
You can then download it from there...
(unless you've already set the iPhone's app store to automatically download newly purchased apps ;) ).

TuffLuffJimmy
Jul 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
Download it on your computer and it will appear in your "Purchased" menu on your phone's App store.
(unless you've already set the iPhone's app store to automatically download newly purchased apps ;) ).
Or you could sync it after downloading...

Norinion
Jul 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
I still get this "The app "Google+" was not installed on the iPhone "______'s iPhone" Because it is not compatible with this iPhone.

on iPhone 4; 4.2.1 redsnow jailbroke

Mitchelino
Jul 19, 2011, 01:45 PM
I still get this "The app "Google+" was not installed on the iPhone "______'s iPhone" Because it is not compatible with this iPhone.

on iPhone 4; 4.2.1 redsnow jailbroke

It says it's compatible with iPhone 4 and iOS 4.0+, so it must not be compatible with the jailbreak?

diamond.g
Jul 19, 2011, 01:54 PM
With the updated version now I seem to be stuck at sign in...

blueroom
Jul 19, 2011, 01:54 PM

Here in Canada we get the food scraps of the US market.

Darth.Titan
Jul 19, 2011, 01:55 PM

That is ignorance speaking. Even if Google has a debugged version built with the iOS 5 SDK, Apple is not accepting Apps built with the iOS 5 SDK yet.

Hence, no iOS 5 compatibility. It's not Apple's fault or Google's fault, it's the user's fault for expecting across the board compatibility on a beta OS.

blueroom
Jul 19, 2011, 01:56 PM
Majority of my friends have it

Gingivitis?

Hogschmidt
Jul 19, 2011, 02:12 PM

Completely agree here, when are "normal" people like us going to be able to get an account? Does anyone know when Google is planning on taking it public?

paulsalter
Jul 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
Completely agree here, when are "normal" people like us going to be able to get an account? Does anyone know when Google is planning on taking it public?

I cant remember where I read it, or if it was just a rumour, but heard end of this month

andylyon
Jul 19, 2011, 02:15 PM
Google's explanation of the very quick update can be found here (https://plus.google.com/111499908439497508351/posts/dESepcDjBZi).

Hogschmidt
Jul 19, 2011, 02:17 PM
I cant remember where I read it, or if it was just a rumour, but heard end of this month

Well that's not too far out I guess. Unless anyone is willing to invite now, lol.

GenesisST
Jul 19, 2011, 02:34 PM

I too use iOS 5 (I have my own developer account, which I can't make use of properly due to extreme lack of time (2 kids)).

But if something doesn't work with iOS 5 BETA, then shame on me, not anybody else... Not Google, not Apple, heck not even Adobe Flash's fault!

voiceofreason23
Jul 19, 2011, 02:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

If someone has any google+ invites, can you send me one?
kevinrpillow@gmail.com

AAPLaday
Jul 19, 2011, 02:46 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

If someone has any google+ invites, can you send me one?

Done. Wonder how long before it becomes top downloaded free app?

tablo13
Jul 19, 2011, 03:00 PM

It doesn't.

Consultant
Jul 19, 2011, 03:06 PM
iTunes doesn't support drag-and-dropping apps, and I have sync apps turned off. I guess I can use the "Purchased" tab in App Store to get it, but now App Store on my iPod is not loading! :rolleyes:
EDIT: Doesn't appear in Purchased tab!

Google didn't realize there are these things called iPod touch and iPad.

Thus Google+ app currently not supported on your iPod.

Surely says a lot about its development team.

tablo13
Jul 19, 2011, 03:14 PM
Google didn't realize there are these things called iPod touch and iPad.

Thus Google+ app currently not supported on your iPod.

Surely says a lot about its development team.

Wow, I get why they would not support iPad, but iPod touch?! :rolleyes: :mad:

mrh83
Jul 19, 2011, 03:27 PM
can someone send me an invite...

Mr Fusion
Jul 19, 2011, 03:34 PM
Wow, I get why they would not support iPad, but iPod touch?! :rolleyes: :mad:
G+ is in its infancy, which is why its invite-only now. It will mature quickly, they'll fix the whole no iPod Touch support. Their plan for iPad right now appears to be just use the web app, that'll probably change too (or the web app will improve.)

That said I'm very happy to see G+ get such an enthusiastic response at such an early stage! A lot of my friends have either closed their Facebook accounts or never signed up because they don't care for nor trust the creator. Douchebag... :rolleyes:

Everyone knows Google's going to take over the world. Might as well pony up my personal info. now! :p

mdrevs
Jul 19, 2011, 03:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The easiest way to find the app is open the App Store, select Categories, Social Networking, the by release date.

nemex
Jul 19, 2011, 03:41 PM
can someone send me an invite...

Done, have fun

mogwat
Jul 19, 2011, 04:18 PM

I'd love a google+ invite if anyone has one spare...

Neil dot McVicar at gmail dot com

TIA

I Haz Apple stuff

solaris
Jul 19, 2011, 05:41 PM
Two major griefs:
1. Its nowhere to be found in the Norwegian App Store
2. No iPad version

Hope to see them both nailed quickly. :rolleyes:

Liquorpuki
Jul 19, 2011, 06:05 PM
FINALLYYYYY.... time to make a huddle

rmatosinhos
Jul 19, 2011, 09:43 PM
I've downloaded the app but does not allow me to sign in...
does any one still have an invitation for me?
please add:
r m a t o s i n h o s at gmAIL dot kom

thanks

rick snagwell
Jul 19, 2011, 10:00 PM
So doesn't feature in app store on ipod, downloaded on mac, sync'ed and then got this message: "The app Google+ was not installed on the ipod xxxxxxxx bexause it is not compatible with this ipod."
HEY GOOGLE! One word: FAIL!!!!:confused:
FACEBOOK might not be all that but at least it works on my ipod.

its still beta guy.

ihonda
Jul 19, 2011, 10:06 PM
its still beta guy.

google itself is beta, always has been always will be.

RossMc
Jul 19, 2011, 10:07 PM
I've downloaded the app but does not allow me to sign in...
please add:
r m a t o s i n h o s at gmAIL dot kom

thanks

Invite sent.

rmatosinhos
Jul 19, 2011, 10:21 PM
Invite sent.

Thanks, but i dint received it...

my email is (same username from this site)@gmail.com
thanks

Mr_Brightside_@
Jul 20, 2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks, but i dint received it...

thanks

Sent

mehrdadnz
Jul 20, 2011, 12:47 AM
Yes I have the same problem and I've downloaded the app but does not allow me to sign in...

thanks

SeanAppleDude
Jul 20, 2011, 12:57 AM

Can you please send me one? Sean.Walsh.1994@gmail.com

Thank You! :D

Mr_Brightside_@
Jul 20, 2011, 06:53 AM
Can you please send me one? Sean.Walsh.1994@gmail.com

Thank You! :D

Sent

Mr_Brightside_@
Jul 20, 2011, 07:34 AM
Hey guys I can still send invites if needed. PM me. :)

dubnde
Jul 20, 2011, 08:41 AM

I have sent you a PM

dubnde
Jul 20, 2011, 08:46 AM

rmatosinhos
Jul 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
Sent

Thanks! :)

Plzyerzgstd
Jul 20, 2011, 11:25 AM
Anyone have any invites left ?
My email is below
Zgasdorf @ gmail

Mitchelino
Jul 20, 2011, 11:29 AM
Anyone have any invites left ?

Invite sent. Enjoy :)

Syk
Jul 20, 2011, 12:45 PM
Sometimes it will alert me that I've had post made other times I just noticed the little red circle .

I hope they make the iPad version a little bit better than the phone version.

I also wish google+ would add a way that when you want to invite someone or add someone you can say"Hey this is Syk fro MacRumors add me or I'm adding you to my circle." I also wish you could give people in your circles nicknames, that way you could add the screenname you know them by

echo2011
Jul 20, 2011, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure how many post are needed to PM, but I haven't the ability, not sure how to get an invite without publicly displaying my gmail addy?

**Edit, I see 5 post are required to PM (I now have a whooping 6!)...just have to wait for vBulletin to do its task. :)

echo2011
Jul 20, 2011, 02:52 PM
Thank you for the quick reply!

DocNYz
Jul 21, 2011, 05:13 PM
Sometimes it will alert me that I've had post made other times I just noticed the little red circle .

I hope they make the iPad version a little bit better than the phone version.

I also wish google+ would add a way that when you want to invite someone or add someone you can say"Hey this is Syk fro MacRumors add me or I'm adding you to my circle." I also wish you could give people in your circles nicknames, that way you could add the screenname you know them by

Yeah a message accompanying the invite would be nice. Tell google, they're asking for feedback through almost any of the ways to connect to the site. I'll be curious where + is in a couple years.

Syk
Jul 21, 2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah I left that as feed back. Hope others will do the same.

Zigwilly
Jul 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks guys. Rustinledford at gmail

Gambiit08
Jul 26, 2011, 11:01 AM

you installed a beta firmware...and then you're complaining about lack of compatibility?

what planet are you from?

batchtaster
Jul 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
Pleaseeeeee?

This is why it's invite-only. Exclusivity breeds desirability. The simplest way to get you to want to use it is to tell you that you can't. Google aren't fools; it worked for Gmail.

Syk
Jul 26, 2011, 12:30 PM
Yup those invites make people want it but to be honest I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my google+ account. I'll wait and see how it progresses but it doesn't seem to flow to me for some reason:(

peteitude
Jul 26, 2011, 01:12 PM
Why doesn't twitter just make twitter+ that lets you send more than 160 chars. That's what google+ basically is.

rbrian
Jul 26, 2011, 01:51 PM
Yay! I just to invited! Thanks Mitchelino. I would offer invites, but it only gave me 8, and I invited 12 of my friends.

Man9z0r
Jul 26, 2011, 01:55 PM
Why doesn't twitter just make twitter+ that lets you send more than 160 chars. That's what google+ basically is.

How is that what Google+ is? All Twitter does is the stream. You don't really have a profile and you don't share pics or have any kind of video chat. I assume you don't have Google+! If anything Google+ is like Facebook. Twitter is different.

Also why are people complaining about everything not being perfect. It just came out. Facebook wasn't perfect either when it came out.

rbrian
Jul 26, 2011, 01:59 PM
Facebook wasn't perfect either when it came out.

It still isn't!

peteitude
Jul 26, 2011, 06:57 PM
H I assume you don't have Google+! If anything Google+ is like Facebook. Twitter is different.

True. I don't have it yet. It's my understanding that people's actual usage of Google+ is more for supplementing the shortfalls of twitter and they're not really into the profile stuff. Don't quote me on that.

ogm1er
Jul 27, 2011, 02:44 PM
Can someone please send me an invite so I can use Google+ please?

rbrian
Jul 27, 2011, 02:55 PM
Can someone please send me an invite so I can use Google+ please?

my email is: *removed*

You really ought to edit it again to remove your email from public view, unless you like spam.

I misread earlier, I thought I only had 8 invites, because the G+ symbol looks a bit like an 8, if you're half blind. Turns out I have more, and I'm willing to spread the love, so if you'd like an invite, PM me - but don't publish your email on the open forum.

ogm1er
Jul 27, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hey @rbrian, how do I send a pm? I know its a stupid question....

You really ought to edit it again to remove your email from public view, unless you like spam.

I misread earlier, I thought I only had 8 invites, because the G+ symbol looks a bit like an 8, if you're half blind. Turns out I have more, and I'm willing to spread the love, so if you'd like an invite, PM me - but don't publish your email on the open forum.

rbrian
Jul 27, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hey @rbrian, how do I send a pm? I know its a stupid question....

It's not stupid, it took me a while to figure it out. Click on my username, and you'll get a drop-down menu. You need a few more posts (I'm not sure exactly how many) before you're allowed to do it. Interestingly, I can't PM you either, but I can PM people with more posts.

AAPLaday
Jul 28, 2011, 02:02 AM
You need more than 5 posts to PM. He has 2 so far

phalseHUD
Jul 30, 2011, 03:29 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Google+ app is no longer in the app store? Can't seem to find it...

frunkis54
Jul 30, 2011, 03:45 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Google+ app is no longer in the app store? Can't seem to find it...

I can see it in my App store.

itsalexaye
Jul 30, 2011, 07:58 PM
I love the Google+ site and app, just wish it worked correctly on iOS 5 :(

Mr_Brightside_@
Jul 31, 2011, 08:49 AM
I can see it in my App store.
Me too. Canada Store. Try searching "Google+" rather than "Google Plus" (?).

phalseHUD
Jul 31, 2011, 04:33 PM
Me too. Canada Store. Try searching "Google+" rather than "Google Plus" (?).

Tried both, no joy. It's as if it has disappeared from the UK app store. It should be on my list of downloads but it isn't. Have it on my iPhone, just wanted it on my iPad too... Defo not there for me!
Hmmm...

Mr_Brightside_@
Jul 31, 2011, 04:36 PM
Tried both, no joy. It's as if it has disappeared from the UK app store. It should be on my list of downloads but it isn't. Have it on my iPhone, just wanted it on my iPad too... Defo not there for me!
Hmmm...
Did you try following the link from the article on page one? That's what worked for me originally

ratzzo
Jul 31, 2011, 04:40 PM
Slightly offtopic here, but I hope Facebook steps it up a notch regarding their iOS app (iPhone app, really). Google+ works better and it's not even their 3.x.x version. FB app should be completely rewritten from scratch :/

ratzzo
Jul 31, 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm actually surprised that it's invite only. Is demand really that high :confused:

Well, the Google+ servers did crash at some point :). Doubt it'll ever happen again though.

SAVAGE5
Jul 31, 2011, 04:51 PM
Ayy guys anyone here have an invite left?

pugnut
Jul 31, 2011, 05:13 PM
Ayy guys anyone here have an invite left?

PM me

SAVAGE5
Jul 31, 2011, 05:23 PM
Lol idk it wouldn't let me or I just don't understand so I posted as a visitor message. Much appreciation!

Mitchelino
Jul 31, 2011, 09:08 PM
I misread earlier, I thought I only had 8 invites, because the G+ symbol looks a bit like an 8, if you're half blind. Turns out I have more

There is a limit? I'm under the impression that it's unlimited invites, as I've invited close to 70 people already.

If anyone needs an invite, still feel free to PM me or contact me via the links below. And if you're already on G+ feel free to add me. My MacRumors circle is definitely my favourite :)

phalseHUD
Aug 1, 2011, 02:18 AM
Did you try following the link from the article on page one? That's what worked for me originally

Tried that and get:

Your request could not be completed

Will try and contact support

Tech Genius
Aug 1, 2011, 10:24 PM
This is the only category I could find that fits this topic. Anyways, reply if anyone wants a Google+ invite.

alexguy
Aug 2, 2011, 01:42 AM
This is the only category I could find that fits this topic. Anyways, reply if anyone wants a Google+ invite.

You can add me, alexnikle gmail.com
I am already in plug in now. :D

Knoxifier
Aug 2, 2011, 02:28 AM
Hey, I'd love an invite! Thanks :)

jotade11
Aug 2, 2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks TechGenius, if you can, I would love one! soccergoalie11@gmail.com

DewGuy1999
Aug 2, 2011, 06:41 PM

I'm not TechGenius, but check you gmail.

Tech Genius
Aug 2, 2011, 06:48 PM

Check your gmail.

Tech Genius
Aug 2, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hey, I'd love an invite! Thanks :)

What is your gmail so I can send you an invite.

fishmd
Aug 2, 2011, 06:59 PM
What is your gmail so I can send you an invite.

Sent u a PM.
Thanks.

Tech Genius
Aug 2, 2011, 07:01 PM
Sent u a PM.
Thanks.

ok. got the pm and sent you an invite.

fishmd
Aug 2, 2011, 07:07 PM
Got it. Thanks. :-)

jotade11
Aug 3, 2011, 04:33 PM
Check your gmail.

I'm not TechGenius, but check you gmail.

Thank you both! Received and worked like a charm! :)

MOKHAN
Aug 3, 2011, 04:58 PM
I would very much like one! :)
fantastic@hotmail.ca

DewGuy1999
Aug 3, 2011, 05:02 PM
I would very much like one! :)
fantastic@hotmail.ca

Check your email. Enjoy!

alejandror91
Aug 3, 2011, 07:26 PM
I would love one too!

You are awesome, thank you!

alejandroriveralara@gmail.com

DewGuy1999
Aug 3, 2011, 07:28 PM
I would love one too!

You are awesome, thank you!

alejandroriveralara@gmail.com

Check your email. Enjoy!

Kentochan
Aug 3, 2011, 09:17 PM
kentkomine@gmail.com

Thanks!

DewGuy1999
Aug 3, 2011, 09:58 PM
kentkomine@gmail.com

Thanks!

Check your email. Enjoy!

Kentochan
Aug 3, 2011, 10:02 PM
Check your email. Enjoy!

Thanks again for doing this! Really appreciate it :D

BCurry1
Aug 3, 2011, 10:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does your email have to be a gmail address?

DewGuy1999
Aug 3, 2011, 10:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does your email have to be a gmail address?

It doesn't have to be a gmail address to receive an invite, but to sign up for Google+ I believe requires a person to create a Google account if they don't have one already.

KidZgOtMac
Aug 4, 2011, 02:34 AM
hector.ortiz22@upr.edu !

jotade11
Aug 4, 2011, 03:17 AM
hector.ortiz22@upr.edu !

Thought I'd pass on the love... invited! Enjoy!

sally456
Aug 4, 2011, 04:08 AM
Would love an invite! Thanks a lots!
janet8686@gmail.com

DewGuy1999
Aug 4, 2011, 08:03 AM
Would love an invite! Thanks a lots!
janet8686@gmail.com

Check your email. Enjoy!

GoCubsGo
Aug 4, 2011, 08:25 AM
I believe I have one if anyone needs it. Don't PM me, just give me your e-mail here and I'll let you know if I sent it.

BCurry1
Aug 4, 2011, 11:59 AM

Thanks!!

Bcurry1 (at) cox dot net

Thank you!!

DewGuy1999
Aug 4, 2011, 12:02 PM

Thanks!!

Bcurry1 (at) cox dot net

Thank you!!

Check your email. Enjoy!

BCurry1
Aug 4, 2011, 12:03 PM

Thanks!!

Bcurry1 (at) cox dot net

Thank you!!

Check your email. Enjoy!

Thank you!

ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO
Aug 5, 2011, 04:35 PM
i know that it is still under construction... but i would like google to spend more time to make it look better than now..
will take some time to catch up facebook :p

Danrose1977
Aug 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
If anyone still has a spare invite I'd be most gratefull!

danieldjrose@gmail.com

DewGuy1999
Aug 28, 2011, 06:14 PM

danieldjrose@gmail.com

Check your email. Enjoy!

benhollberg
Aug 28, 2011, 06:14 PM

danieldjrose@gmail.com

Click here: https://plus.google.com/i/nrdXQQNtXO0:cMZciGYLwHQ

Maskusee
Sep 6, 2011, 03:53 PM
New update.

Few bug fixes and added ability to share posts.

----------

BTW, anyone wants to be added to my MacRumors circle and add me to theirs, please pm me. I'm pretty active on it when im not working.