Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elven

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
UK
As you will all note Apple is offering Lion as a free upgrade to all those whom recently bought a Mac.

I assume this is linked to the iTunes account associated with the machine upon registration with Apple?

Also I assume this will go live upon release?

Last edited:

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
As you will all note Apple is offering Lion as a free upgrade to all those whom recently bought a Mac.

I assume this is linked to the iTunes account associated with the machine upon registration with Apple?

Also I assume this will go live upon release?

You will probably be given a redemption code and then go the the App store to download it after filling out your online form.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

DagazaGZ

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
I hope you get the code for the free lion upgrade as soon as it's released I don't want to have to wait a few days for the code to be sent.

Elven

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
UK
I hope you get the code for the free lion upgrade as soon as it's released I don't want to have to wait a few days for the code to be sent.

Agreed, but I imagine Apple will want to roll this out asap to everyone, so I hope the codes are available.

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
You will probably be given a redemption code and then go the the App store to download it after filling out your online form.
I hear we get bumped to the front of the line. So if your download drops to a crawl half way through I apologize in advance. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.