Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetblk328i

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Hey everybody,

I really want an aluminum bumper like the vapor that have been pretty popular on these forums.

However, I want one that looks "normal", no special cutouts or design, just a nice round bumper like the Apple ones, except in Aluminum. Obviously, minimal antenna signal problems would be preferred.

Are there any around that have "limited" design?

Thanks in advance!

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Apex Armor is probably the closest to what you want, but there will be some signal issues. The problem is, all of those cutouts and modifications you don't like are designed to improve reception...

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
The case-mate jett is what you're looking for. It's the most minimal looking.

You're going to experience signal degradation with virtually all aluminum bumper cases. I think the only one that was "acceptable" was the Atomic case (though I could be wrong)

But as Bakakage said, The Case Mate Jett is the simplest looking and cheapest aluminum bumper case out there I think. I didn't like it but you might.

johnnybgood15

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2003
Pricing is affordable compare to other aluminum mfg.

Stop hocking your signal degrading Alumacase knock off. Its easy to spot your agenda, you sign up for an account and EVERY post is talking about this case you happen to find but no one else has ever heard of. Try being a real business person and buying a littler advertising on the site of you want to advertise your case.

jetblk328i

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions!

I really like the Casemate Jett and I am thinking signal issues should be OK as I am usually in NYC for school. However, when I'm not at school, I am in the middle of nowhere, so its still a small concern.

brabus07

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2010
Maybe you're misunderstanding. I'm not selling any case. I just let people know what i just ran across from. Don't give me wrong bro!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.