Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OmniChinchilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
on the internet
Hi everyone,

I have read a lot of the posts here about torrent clients for the ipad/iphone and haven't found much use for them. I was wondering if someone can recommend a good app for downloading torrents on my iPad. I am jailbroken.

1. Before one of you decides to criticize me, stop right there. I share tracks and mixes with my band all time through torrents. The iphone dev team even have official torrents for their tools so don't bother me with your "wah wah wah, torrents are illegal" because they aren't. Sharing/stealing copyright stuff is illegal and that's not what I want.

2. I know about dropbox but the free version is only good for 2GB

3. I only want answers from people who actually USE a good torrent client on their ipad or iphone and know what their talking about. I don't care what you think would work or what your friend told you is totally awesome.

Sorry if it seems a little mean but their is so many "experts" in these forums that have no idea what they are talking about or just want to express their opinion without and research backing it up.

I will continue my search and update this post if I find something useful.

Thanks.

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
I use transmission on my MacBook, so simply use the remote ability it comes with. I can add, remove, etc, torrents to it from my home network, over the Internet, etc. No client is needed on the iPad itself.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
Search for Torrentula on Cydia. There are also multiple apps for torrent managing via the iPhone / iPad.

Inopia-Vi

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Lost in space
Well, your main problem is how are you going to store the data and bring it back to a pc. Up to my knowledge, there is not such an app in the legal appstore... Have you tried splashtop? It a VNC client to your PC/MAC and the free version would be fine to start the download...
http://www.splashtop.com/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.