PDA

View Full Version : HTML Editor for iPad?

w00t951
Jul 20, 2011, 06:41 AM
I am a big fan of Taco HTML Editor for Mac OS X.

Is there any chance there could be a similar app for iPad? I'm not familiar with the restrictions Apple places on iOS devs, so I'm hoping someone is. Currently it's the only thing that's preventing me from carrying around my iPad instead of my MacBook Pro. Thanks.

dualamann
Jul 20, 2011, 07:04 AM
I wanted to do some web dev on the move and ended up with this config

For editing: Textastic
You connect to your files remotely using SFTP. You need to pull/push before/after editing. It has a sync function. Usable.

Source control:
Not currently possible. My workaround was to use Textastic with an old linux box at home. When I had to do a checkin or git push, I connected using iSSH to the command line over there. I really liked that extra level of control over the files. Ideally, Textastic should include git/svn/... directly but is perfectly decent as an editor otherwise.

eNJayBe
Jul 21, 2011, 10:54 AM
I've not used it yet, but I'm planning on getting Koder, which looks pretty good.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/koder/id439271237?mt=8

alfade
Jul 24, 2011, 11:53 PM
@eNJayBe second that, koder looks good
I like the way Koder handles files, but it doesn't support sftp yet. The developer said that they're working on it.

Mac In School
Jul 25, 2011, 10:03 PM
I use HTML Edit. Does what I need it to do, which is make quick & dirty edits on the go.

The downside is that I need to remember to download those changes to my computer later.