Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jschmitt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Just for the sake for all of those wondering about the build number and whether the GM is the release version, could someone please post the "About This Mac" screenshot once the app store download and install is completed!

:)

John

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I'm running the GM seed. When I go to the Lion App Store page and my purchase history, it shows Lion as purchased and installed.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
There has not been an OS released to date in either Windows or Mac that has not been buggy at day one.

Any bugs will be patched by the next software update.

The concern is for those of us that have Lion Gold Master 11A511. If Apple releases a newer version it is unclear if we can easily install it over this version.

Jonneh

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I hope it's not 11A511! I even can't open Preview & TextEdit using the GM version

Well maybe you should sort your Mac out then, isn't it obvious that it's something wrong with your setup rather than Lion?

I wrote this post in textedit :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
the app is up on the App store.Chicago time zone...now, someone just needs to confirm the build number..

monksealpup

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
I'm running the GM seed. When I go to the Lion App Store page and my purchase history, it shows Lion as purchased and installed.

Not very helpful. Looking for actual confirmation from someone who downloaded from the App Store and installed it then looked up the build information in About This Mac.

Speculation based on a system that might easily be fooled by "hey, your computer reports you're running 10.7.0 so you're okay!" isn't helpful.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Well maybe you should sort your Mac out then, isn't it obvious that it's something wrong with your setup rather than Lion?
Amen! There are no major bugs in Lion that would initiate a new overhaul.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Not very helpful. Looking for actual confirmation from someone who downloaded from the App Store and installed it then looked up the build information in About This Mac.

Speculation based on a system that might easily be fooled by "hey, your computer reports you're running 10.7.0 so you're okay!" isn't helpful.

Actually, it checks the build number. So yes, they are the same. Watch.

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
Actually, it checks the build number. So yes, they are the same. Watch.

I'm running the GM seed and it let me purchase in the App Store. I'm downloading now.

I don't disagree with you on the build number though. I fully expect it to be exactly the same.

WiLLGT09

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Not the same build as GM, the Appstore build is 11A494

So, the GM build is actually newer. ? I try to click on Install from the Lion page while running Lion GM and I get the error message saying "A newer version of this app is already installed on this computer."

Interesting.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
So, the GM build is actually newer. ? I try to click on Install from the Lion page while running Lion GM and I get the error message saying "A newer version of this app is already installed on this computer."

Interesting.

I got that message too, but if you look in the purchased tab, it shows Lion as installed. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.