Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Ultra low power scares me. I've not had a good experience with my previous generation Air (in clamshell mode) maintaining a decent Bluetooth connection to my Apple keyboard/mouse, and they're only slightly over a foot away. :eek:

thatisme

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2010
United States
Ultra low power scares me. I've not had a good experience with my previous generation Air (in clamshell mode) maintaining a decent Bluetooth connection to my Apple keyboard/mouse, and they're only slightly over a foot away. :eek:

Reading the spec, it shows that it allows for the computer (base) to interface with low power devices, such as watches, heart monitors and phones. Where this may lead is to wireless keyboards, mice, trackpads powered from watch batteries or fewer AA batteries than current. However, I think were this implementation will work well with the air is actually in "range", as it piggybacks on the 802.11 signal to give you somewhere like 200 feet of reception, or approximately the same as your wifi base station signal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.