Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Himynamesnoah

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
I had my email set up before on iOS 4.3.3 and it worked fine. On Monday, it stopped refreshing and receiving emails, so today I decided to remove and add the account again.
But now, I get this every time I use the correct settings:
For some reason I can't get it to work now.
Code:
The IMAP server "p02-imap.mail.me.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.

I don't know what to do, and I need to use this email. :mad:

I used these directions to get it to work before, and now they don't:

Code:
Step 1: Navigate to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account... and select "Other"

Step 2: Select "Add Mail Account" and type in your iCloud info.

Step 3: Under IMAP>Incoming Mail Server
•Host name - p02-imap.mail.me.com
•Username - Email excluding "@me.com"

Step 4: Under IMAP>Outgoing Mail Server
•Host name - smtp.me.com

I even tried doing it in Windows Live Mail, and it says it can't connect to the server.
Please help! :(

jaglad

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
Royston, UK
I don't have any help for you, but just wanted to say that I have the exact same problem, all was well till monday evening, hasn't worked since.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
iCloud email is prone to stop working during beta, like i think it is at the moment, if you used it for important emails, then that was just daft.

have you tried installing the iCloud control panel for windows? think it only syncs with MS Outlook, not windows live mail, but may be your only way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.