PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought their iPads on eBay here?

villagecrone
Jul 20, 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi guys. So basically I'm looking for the best place to to get an iPad 2 and right now I'm considering getting one on eBay because a) I can save a few quids (10-15) and b) I actually have a nice experience with eBay. Bought my MBP last year from a trusted eBay seller and I still have to experience any problems with it whatsoever.

Now I know I will come off as a classic 'el cheapo' here because compared to the savings I got from the MBP last year ( a whopping 140), I will only get to save a few quids enough to at least get a decent case without having to pay extra if I go with the Apple Store's 399 retail price.

Anyone here bought their iPad 2 on eBay? Do you mind sharing your experience and would you recommend it? Or should I just drop by my the nearest Apple Store and save myself the trouble of saving a few measly quids? :)

RayK
Jul 20, 2011, 12:39 PM
I bought my iPad 2 on eBay and have had no issues. I bought my used tho.

Best of luck! Hope you enjoy it!

mikey4020
Jul 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
Exercise your common sense when buying from eBay and you should generally be fine!! Ask the seller questions, anything of great value I have bought on eBay I have always asked the seller questions. You can usually gauge from the response the person you're dealing with. I have also sold on eBay and have always been happy to answer questions. As always, if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly will be :)

thunderbunny
Jul 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
This is only a question you can answer for yourself, any eBay experience can be different. Personally I wouldn't bother for just 15 quid off. I ended up with a spare iPad 2, ended up flogging off to a friend for 100 off (in installments it seems....)

ElysiumY2K
Jul 20, 2011, 02:31 PM
I bought my iPhone 4 off eBay, so i don't see any problems with buying an iPad off it. Obviously like the other posters said, use your common sense. If a dude is selling it and has 1 feedback, then don't buy it from him obviously lol

I was thinking the same thing aswell before buying my iPad 2. I actually surfed eBay for about a week looking for a better deal on the wifi only model and the best i could find was 10-15 off (P&P cost is a b*tch).

Plus sometimes i get paranoid when something that large and expensive is going through Royal Mail (UK postage system). I don't know why, i just don't trust them sometimes.

My advise, if you don't mind waiting 2-3days and getting 15-20 off, then go to eBay. If not, pay the extra 15-20 and get it straight away from the Apple store (also getting a freebie Apple bag lol)..

dyusem
Jul 20, 2011, 08:54 PM
Exercise your common sense when buying from eBay and you should generally be fine!! Ask the seller questions, anything of great value I have bought on eBay I have always asked the seller questions. You can usually gauge from the response the person you're dealing with. I have also sold on eBay and have always been happy to answer questions. As always, if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly will be :)

+1...this is sage advice. I too always ask the seller a question (or two) to gauge their ability to communicate as well as unearth any potential issues.