Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
I used to swipe 4 fingers and it would show the apps open in the center of the screen and now its gone. I can only do it with tab+command. is there anyway to get this option back?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I must have this back too! I use it all the time, as well as 4 finger swipe to show the desktop.

This is going to take some getting used to, but I want to be able to switch between apps with gestures.

TrickyRick

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Guess they want you to use Mission Control :p

My tip is Better Touch Tool, allows you to set up all sorts of actions for different gestures and I think this one can be set up.
As for the desktop it still exists, it's just a different gesture, check the Trackpad section of Sys Prefs.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Yeah, I never had this before, but if you go by their website, all the gestures are not working. When I try to switch between apps, it only goes from the current browser to the dashboard. I also can't swipe to navigate.

Anyone else having any luck?

TrickyRick

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Swipe to navigate is a setting, check Sys Prefs. As for getting BTT gestures to work, try turing of the gesture in Sys Prefs, they might conflict.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
From the gesture settings, there is no way to get the 4 finger swipe back.

I don't see why Apple had to go and change all this - 4 finger swipe down for Mission Control and 4 finger swipe up for desktop, like it was before. 4 swipe left/right to switch apps.

I'm finding it all very confusing and not very intuitive. Don't even get me started on the 5 finger gestures, what a pain in the arse they are.

TrickyRick

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
From the gesture settings, there is no way to get the 4 finger swipe back.

Which is why I gave the tip about Better Touch Tool. Works like a charm for me. Allows you to set up the gestures just like you want them, old-school SL style if you like.

meechy

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
Which is why I gave the tip about Better Touch Tool. Works like a charm for me. Allows you to set up the gestures just like you want them, old-school SL style if you like.

I cant thank you enough for letting me know about Better Touch Tool. I was going so mad because i couldn't use the 4 finger swipe to bring up the application switcher, i use it all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.