Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamMT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Personally I like it, took a bit of getting used to but i found that switching back to normal was just awkward with the new swipe animations for going back and forth and switching between spaces.
What do you guys think?

rezzo

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
I agree, i like the inverted scrolling, i'm using this since at least one month ago (Lion DP2).

The problem is when you using another computer with Windows or GNU/Linux. =P

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
Hate it. If all I ever used is macs I could potentially take the time to get to like it. However I primarily use windows machines and don't want one way of scrolling on one machine and another way on another machine.

They should leave the old setting as default.

mfka

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2009
Personally I like it, took a bit of getting used to but i found that switching back to normal was just awkward with the new swipe animations for going back and forth and switching between spaces.

Same here, i am loving it!

They should leave the old setting as default.

No they should not since the navigation within the lion is optimized for inverted scrolling, it really is more natural.

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
It's hard to adjust to it. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it this way or not, but it makes sense the way it works.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
They should have just left the mouse wheel scrolling alone. The trackpad stuff I understand though.

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
I had to change it back. Love it on the iPad, but it is not intuitive at all on the trackpad or mighty mouse imo.

ppnkg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
UK
disabled it within the first 3 mins! It's the most annoying thing on the ipad, now has hit the mac. no way.

mfka

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2009
It's hard to adjust to it. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it this way or not, but it makes sense the way it works.

Just give it a bit more time and you will never go back.

tharris0101

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
I like the inverted scrolling. It took me like 5 minutes of working with it and now its so natural. It makes the gestures so much more intuitive.

With that said, I haven't tried it on a mouse with a scroll wheel yet. I can imagine that being awkward.

basher

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ USA
Took about 30 minutes to get used to. Trolling the forums and twitter helped to get my mind in to natural scrolling. Now I'm afraid to use the un-natural type of scrolling. :eek:

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I changed it immediately as soon as I installed Lion. Can't stand it inverted.

I was confused at first but it is more intuitive (guess that's why it's called natural). I then changed it back to the old up is down way. I have since decided to try it the new way and changed it back. I'm still confused but determined to give it a couple of days and see if it becomes natural. If not LI'll just go back.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
After 8 years of using a trackpad with the non-inverted scrolling, I don't plan on switching now.

Changed the setting immediately.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
for me personally:

it makes sense for swipes (3 finger swipe left to go to a page on the right)

but not for scrolling (left and right scrolling are particularly counterintuitive)

The worst part is that I want it for Launchpad so swiping is inverted, but I want regular scrolling for browser. But they link it so I cannot pick and choose.

APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.