Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
I'm about to sell my Ipad2 for about 800-900$ later day and planning to buy the 13 inches Air with the money

Should I do it ????.

Also first time I buy online

Should I

Buy the Air now? and cancel later if the guy doesn't pay me?
Buy the Air when the guy pays me the Ipad

Sorry I feel stupid today

bob99

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Yes, sell the iPad2 and get the air. I did the same thing earlier this month.

The iPad2 is fun, but almost all of my interaction with a computer involves the keyboard. Replying to your message, like I'm doing right now, would be much more painful on the iPad. In my experience, the Bluetooth keyboard was a pain to use and connect.

The iPad is a tablet that is great for consuming content. The Air is a full-blown computer.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
That's what I though

So wondering buy now or when i get the money lol

Guess I can always buy and return if i can't sell iPad

manueld

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Wait till you get the money from the iPad. Why cause yourself undo stress if you can't sell the iPad (although unlikely)

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
You have mentioned this three times already on this forum. Are you fishing for sales here?

Of course if you don't have the money yet, you should wait until someone buys your iPad.

And there is no way you're getting $900 for it. Not even if it is a 3G 64GB.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Im gettint 800 for it and accessoires

Also nô im ont looking to sell here I'm just really dumb that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
I'm about to sell my Ipad2 for about 800-900$ later day and planning to buy the 13 inches Air with the money

Should I do it ????.
First, I can't advise you about the wisdom of buying a new MBA before you sell your iPad 2. Moving on, though, I think you will find the MBA to be a significant upgrade over the iPad 2. I bought one of the original iPads shortly after it was released a year ago last spring. Then I bought a 2010 13 inch Ultimate MBA last October and the iPad fell into almost total disuse. The iPad has a wonderful display and is quite good for content consumption. Unfortunately, though, its virtual keyboard makes document preparation painfully slow and there are things that OS X does easily that iOS deals with much more clumsily, if at all. In short, when you finally spring for an MBA as a replacement for your iPad, you'll be glad you did.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
800? what are u offering....?

That sounds reallly overpriced. Even 750 is too high.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2011
I did this last year with the 2010 model and never regretted it for a second. The ability to view ALL of the Internet is a huge plus. Gimped devices like the iPad just can't compete. You'll love the Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.