Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bought a 15" powerbook a few months back. Last month I started to hear beeping while on the computer. Its not too loud, but i can hear it when the room is silent. Its coming from inside my powerbook. Its not coming from the speakers (they are headphone'ed out to my stereo). Its happening right now and im freakin' out.

The beeps are 3 seconds apart. Anybody help? :confused: :(

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
To answer my own thread...

Poking around in apple.com/support I found an article describing and remedying my problem. Turns out, it has to do with when multiple pieces of equipment using differing grounding methodologies are connected to the powerbook.

So I removed the USB printer chord, and now the Powerbook finally stopped beeping :) . That has to be the weirdest computer problem I have ever encountered (other than Windows ME as a whole).

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but;

My PB has been beeping twice every 5 seconds for weeks. It was getting really annoying.
I decided to have a dig around in the forums and found this thread.
All I have connected to the PB is the mains charger so I just unplugged it and the beeping stopped!
Now I know what's causing it I'm not too bothered by it. I just wish I knew why it's beeping!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.