Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulWog

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
To all of you who ordered online: Pfffft no one cares. :D lol

To all of you who are going to wake up early tomorrow to make a mad-dash to the Apple store: Well, who are you, and what's your plan? :)

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Stores here (Arizona, USA) don't open until 10 AM. I'll likely take an early lunch and head over around then to see what the deal is.

According to the two local stores I called, they are expecting full stock tomorrow morning. :)

getyup

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2011
I ordered mine from Apple.com with overnight shipping, it prepared, and shipped, and now shows on FedEx.com as being delivered tomorrow by 10:30 am.

I plan to sleep in until 10 which is when the first FDX truck comes by normally, haha

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
From what I understand, Mac updates have never commanded lines like the iPhone or iPad. I have to work until lunch, so i was planning to be there 12-1230?

radiohead14

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2008
nyc
i don't think there's a need to rush, as apple stores seem to have sufficient stock when it comes to notebooks. though, i'm planning to stop by the store again during lunch on friday after i've read enough reviews.

lvrzhn

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2011
My question is: is the i7 upgrade version going to be available in store? What do you all think?

mynameissuke

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
I ordered mine from Apple.com with overnight shipping, it prepared, and shipped, and now shows on FedEx.com as being delivered tomorrow by 10:30 am.

I plan to sleep in until 10 which is when the first FDX truck comes by normally, haha

Wait! how did you get over night shipping and how much was it!? I tried looking for one on apple.com i couldn't find it :(

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
My question is: is the i7 upgrade version going to be available in store? What do you all think?

My friend, this is the 'how early are you going to wake up' thread. Not the 'do you think the i7 will be available in store' thread!

In answer to the OP; I'll be bouncing around outside at 10am, crashing through the door to decide whether to get the 11 or 13.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Has anyone actually confirmed with a store that they will have inventory starting tomorrow on sandy bridge MBAs?

As I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, I called two local stores and both indicated that they expect to have full stock tomorrow at opening time.

There have been many reports today that stores already have them but are not allowed to sell until tomorrow for whatever reason.

PaulWog

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 28, 2011
Has anyone actually confirmed with a store that they will have inventory starting tomorrow on sandy bridge MBAs?

I didn't confirm with a store.

However I did speak with an Apple representative on their website (with their store chat), and the Apple rep said that Canada would have the Macbook Airs available at their retail stores tomorrow (the 21st).

I would assume it's the same for most everywhere else.

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
I'll be at my Apple Store at 10ish. Waking up? I'd say like 8:30, which is typical for me.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I'll casually visit because I had one reserved for me from visiting the store the day before. It pays to know people.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
My local store told me they'd actually hold the machine for me, after keeping me there for 40 minutes and then realizing that they couldn't actually sell them yet. However, I'll probably still head over at store opening (10 AM) just to avoid any chance of it not being available anymore (I highly doubt it though). Apple doesn't sell out of any of the Macs in stores. That's much more of an iDevice thing. Most people don't even know there's a difference between these and the old ones, or even that they're released at all.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
My local store told me they'd actually hold the machine for me, after keeping me there for 40 minutes and then realizing that they couldn't actually sell them yet. However, I'll probably still head over at store opening (10 AM) just to avoid any chance of it not being available anymore (I highly doubt it though). Apple doesn't sell out of any of the Macs in stores. That's much more of an iDevice thing. Most people don't even know there's a difference between these and the old ones, or even that they're released at all.

Same here (except mine consistently said yesterday that they wouldn't have them in stock until today).

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
Same here (except mine consistently said yesterday that they wouldn't have them in stock until today).

It's been a mess. Some stores were able to sell a couple. Some stores had them but ended up being unable to sell them due to the new machines not being in the system. Some stores got them but didn't want to bother selling them yet. And some stores simply didn't get them. I wonder if the Lion launch kept Apple so busy that they dropped the ball on getting the MBA sales set up properly.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
the answer to this turns out to be:

7:01. fascinating isn't it? :D

seriously, i'm going to buy one today as I cancelled my online order. The store experience is fun ( I do it a lot :D ).

What isn't fun is the heat, but it's summer right? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.