Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monsterdave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
CALIFORNIA
I've searched the forums and have had zero luck. My issue is using my iCloud email within OS X. I can send and receive emails fine from my iPhone. But when I try to set it up on my MBP I can't take it online. I've tried every server in the range of p01-imap.mail.me.com through p07. 01-04 will usually give me an option to enter my password, I enter it, then the option pops right back up again like I entered the wrong password (which I didn't, you'll have to just take my word on this one), 05-07 just gives me the continual working spiral icon.

Has anyone else had these issues, any work arounds? Thanks in advance for any help.

superericla

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
You're talking about the incoming mail server correct? If so I'm not even able to change mine for iCloud email. My iCloud email isn't working using the Mail application either.

superericla

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
Hopefully this gets fixed relatively quickly. I've been without access to my iCloud mail for a few days now.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
My iCloud email has been down as well. If anyone knows of a fix I would really appreciate it. I'm using iCloud beta 4. I can send emails from my iCloud address, just not receive.

EDIT: The incoming mail server p01-imap.mail.me.com is working.

Last edited:

Monsterdave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
CALIFORNIA
Are you using the iCloud beta 4 download? All works fine for me with this.

I got my iCloud through iOS. Not through OS X. Not sure if that makes a difference. iCloud worked for like a week on the mail app when I first set it up. I tried making a few changes and it's never worked since.

Just tried the 01 server and it still continually asks me for my password. I put it in and it just asks me again.

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
I got my iCloud through iOS. Not through OS X. Not sure if that makes a difference. iCloud worked for like a week on the mail app when I first set it up. I tried making a few changes and it's never worked since.

Just tried the 01 server and it still continually asks me for my password. I put it in and it just asks me again.

Download the iCloud plug-in thingy for Lion and it will all work fine.

BenRubery

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
United Kingdom
I've got Lion, I'm using iCloud preview 4 and it's still refusing to work.

Won't allow me to change my incoming mail server, when I do it still searches for p02

I know it's still in beta and it's to be expected, but quick! Sort it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.