Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quik

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Montreal (Canada)
Greeting,

I am wondering if I can use the MX700 Duo on the Mac Mini.

I just bought another one (By error, thought my old one was dead but it's not) and I'm planning on buying a Mac Mini tuesday afternoon.

I was reading the manual when I saw that you can plug only 1 USB connector (And not plugging the mouse into PS/2). I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly though.

Any input on this?

Also, the shop where I will buy my Mac Mini is offering me to put 512MB of RAM (Which I will do) but I'm wondering what I can do with the 256MB that was built-in the Mac?

Thank you!

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
quik said:
I am wondering if I can use the MX700 Duo on the Mac Mini.
yes. I use it too.

quik said:
I was reading the manual when I saw that you can plug only 1 USB connector (And not plugging the mouse into PS/2). I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly though.

Any input on this?

The 1 USB port can handle both the keyboard and mouse signals

quik said:
Also, the shop where I will buy my Mac Mini is offering me to put 512MB of RAM (Which I will do) but I'm wondering what I can do with the 256MB that was built-in the Mac?

Sell it. Give it to a friend.

quik

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Montreal (Canada)
ChrisFromCanada said:
yes. I use it too.

The 1 USB port can handle both the keyboard and mouse signals

Sell it. Give it to a friend.

Thanks! I'm gonna keep it for my PC.

I have my PC just beside my new-to-come Mac Mini so it will be easy to move between my PC and Mac :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.