Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
I've just purchased a new 13" MacBook Air. I know a lot of people dislike it, but I really like the Pro line's glass display cover and bezel. IMO it keeps the screen better protected (something I really need at my job.) I know Apple probably will not put this on a MacBook Air due to the weight it will add.

Anyways, I had a crazy idea pop into my head at the Apple Store: Buy a replacement 13" MacBook Pro display glass bezel and attach it in place of my new MacBook Air's aluminum bezel. Yes, I do realize just how crazy and difficult it would be.

But is it possible?!?

I need to take exact measurements of the bezels, as well as the placement of the iSight Camera, to determine if it'll fit properly. I think if I can pull it off it'd be pretty sweet!

Any thoughts/suggestions for me besides "You're a crazy fool!"?

:p

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
i dislike the bezel as well. but, you are going to ruin a computer in order to perform some sort of frankenstein operation on it in order to get that screen. seriously, you are saying that you want an mba bottom and an mbp top? you might as well stick an ssd into your mbp and call it a day.

i think you need to step back and think this one through, but if you've got all of this time weighing on you and money burning holes in your pockets, it seems doable to me. it will be ugly, ungainly, and virtually unusable, but enjoy your new computer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.