Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwburnell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Questions above. Does anyone know from past releases how long it usually takes for best buy to get them in stock?

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Questions above. Does anyone know from past releases how long it usually takes for best buy to get them in stock?

I would call BB and ask them. They probably don't know and can't tell you.. but letting them know that you're anxious will help the process. One thing to your advantage, the mini has been out of stock and on backorder in the US online store since June, so BestBuy is probably as anxious as you are to have some of the new minis on their shelves and in their online store.;)

Hopefully Apple has already built enough base models to go around. But today the Apple store phone customer support told me that my mini server was being built over seas after my order was placed and would ship in 3-4 days.

madman962

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
Curious to know this as well. Any BB employees who can check the system for the Sku's and see an estimated arrival date we would greatly appreciate it.

Lakaiguy85

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
I work at best buy , and its not even skued yet or the sku hasn't been posted yet once it hits the website then we can see when it might be in, but as of now I haven't heard anything yet!

dwburnell

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Awesome thanks everyone! I just want to take advantage of the 18 months no interest on my BB credit card so I can pay it off in like 4 months without that pesky interest.

madman962

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
I ordered from bestbuy.com last night as none of my locations had one in stock to pick up. When I ordered, it showed delivery time of next week. A few hours after placing my order, I got another e-mail from best buy showing "Item Backordered" and that it would be an estimated 1 to 2 weeks before it would ship.

Looking at their website, they still show a delivery time of early next week. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that it will probably take longer than what it has listed if you go through best buy. I had some gift cards to use so I'm stuck one way or another.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
It's currently on sale as well at $30 off retail. Not a lot but it helps.

BB will charge you tax regardless of where you live. Amazon sells the same model at only $6 off retail price but comes out cheaper if you live in a state that taxes are waived.

hardax

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
New Hampshire
BB will charge you tax regardless of where you live. Amazon sells the same model at only $6 off retail price but comes out cheaper if you live in a state that taxes are waived.

Huh? I live in a sales tax free state and BB doesn't charge me taxes anything I have ever bought online or in store.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Huh? I live in a sales tax free state and BB doesn't charge me taxes anything I have ever bought online or in store.

You are lucky. We are excited in California that our state sales tax dropped 1% last month to 7.75 percent!

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008

sorry, correction. BB will charge you tax if you live in any of the non tax free states.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Looks to be at Best Buy in the UK as well. For those that want to shop there. Still not available at John Lewis though!

I'm planning on getting a BTO with an i7 and a 750GB HDD so my only choice is Apple on line. I wish I could order and pick up at a local retail store as it would be so much easier. Trying to get one delivered from the online store is going to be a nightmare.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
my best by has the i5 4gb ram upgrade for 769.99 is that the best one or is there an i7??

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
my best by has the i5 4gb ram upgrade for 769.99 is that the best one or is there an i7??

Apple offers a 2.7 dual core i7 with 4GB RAM as a build to order option on their online store. As far as I'm aware it's not available anywhere else. There is also a standard server model with a 2.0 quad core i7 and 4GB RAM but it has the integrated Intel GPU that uses shared memory rather then the dedicated AMD Radeon GPU in the dual core i7.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Trying to get one delivered from the online store is going to be a nightmare.

I've been there with a previous MacMini order. I knew I couldn't be in, they refused to deliver it elsewhere and have to drive to Staffordshire to pick it up!

Nothing wrong with staffs, but if you live in south Birmingham it's a right pain in the arse.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Just picked mine up at Best Buy. They had several in stock. The base model is $569.

I called ahead and paid for it over the phone before going. They don't do holds.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've been there with a previous MacMini order. I knew I couldn't be in, they refused to deliver it elsewhere and have to drive to Staffordshire to pick it up!

Nothing wrong with staffs, but if you live in south Birmingham it's a right pain in the arse.

I guess if I want to get one I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Edit: I just placed an order online for the 2.7 i7 with 750GB HDD. The expected delivery date is August 2nd.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.