Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJRiful

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Wow... I am unable to switch wallpapers... what is up with Lion...

uncle.zed

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2009
Me too`!!! WTF??? iMac 2011 with SnowL and than Lion.. Cant change wallpeper, size ect...

anyone???

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
you can, but I found out that you actually have to log out and log back in to get the change

GTANJ

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2011
I got a new 13" MBP about a week ago and I haven't had this problem. I can change my background just fine. Has anybody had this problem with a MacBook Pro?

tmagman

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Calgary AB
I got a new 13" MBP about a week ago and I haven't had this problem. I can change my background just fine. Has anybody had this problem with a MacBook Pro?

yep had this problem briefly with my 2010 15". I would set the background and it would be shown as changed in the settings, but no change would occur. A restart fixed the problem. Had it happen to me couple more times and since then its been fine.

This ranks right up there with the instant screensaver which just randomly kicks in mid work (or even mid sentence- just did it to me as i was typing this), no matter what you change the settings to or delete the screensaver plists. Clean install is in order I believe.

GTANJ

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2011
yep had this problem briefly with my 2010 15". I would set the background and it would be shown as changed in the settings, but no change would occur. A restart fixed the problem. Had it happen to me couple more times and since then its been fine.

This ranks right up there with the instant screensaver which just randomly kicks in mid work (or even mid sentence- just did it to me as i was typing this), no matter what you change the settings to or delete the screensaver plists. Clean install is in order I believe.

Maybe it's a problem with Lion and older hardware?

tmagman

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Calgary AB
Maybe it's a problem with Lion and older hardware?

not from what I've heard. I've heard of 2011 model users having this problem, and other 2010 users not having this problem at all. A fresh hard drive and a clean install probably will get rid of it according to the genius i talked to. (i was planning on upgrading to an SSD as part of this anyways)

mape2k

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Germany
I had this problem a while ago on my early 2011 15". Also, I could not see my background blurry when in Launch Pad and no Desktops would show when I was in Mission control. What fixed it for me temporarily was to switch from integrated to discrete graphic cards one time, after that everything was OK.

Since a couple of days the problem seems to be gone, miraculously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.