Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Might I suggest you actually have a body to your post? I mean, I understand that you'd like to have a way to remove the dock when using Lion, but a little background helps people with giving you an appropriate solution sometimes. For example, I'm wondering what happens if you just remove everything from the dock, does that work for you? I mean I know it'll still be there, but at least it will be empty.

kittycat40

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Torrance, California
Might I suggest you actually have a body to your post? I mean, I understand that you'd like to have a way to remove the dock when using Lion, but a little background helps people with giving you an appropriate solution sometimes. For example, I'm wondering what happens if you just remove everything from the dock, does that work for you? I mean I know it'll still be there, but at least it will be empty.

I edited my original post to make things more clear.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK

I didn't think you could remove Finder

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i have used this for YEARS.
it's a little buggy in Lion, but i still swear by it.

on a 13" macbook, the dock has always bugged me. i use launchpad now to open apps, have my main folder open by default on the sidebar, and am happy...

if enough people were using this app, the developer might fine-tune it...

Ontonator

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Alternatively, you could just set the Dock delay to a really long time, with this terminal code:
defaults write com.apple.Dock autohide-delay -float {time} && killall Dock

Replace {time} with the number of seconds you want it to take before the Dock come up, and set your Dock to autohide.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.