PDA

View Full Version : Apple DID just update Safari for PowerPC...and broke YouTube

dontwalkhand
Jul 21, 2011, 01:56 AM
Contrary to popular belief, Apple just updated Safari (and iTunes) for PowerPC, which is a good thing.

Now on to the bad part...it now causes YouTube to stop early for no reason, (the video says 5 minutes left, but the progress bar in the video went a little too ahead of itself, and stopped the video prematurely...this does not happen in tenfourfox...what can I do?) This is only happening with HTML5 videos, not Flash. I switched YouTube back to Flash and all is fine.

EDIT: I don't know if I can narrow it down just yet, but the HTML5 videos are having the same issues on Intel macs, so I am guessing it is because the HTML5 videos arent ready for public usage just yet.

MAC MAN JW
Jul 22, 2011, 12:10 PM
Contrary to popular belief, Apple just updated Safari (and iTunes) for PowerPC, which is a good thing.

Now on to the bad part...it now causes YouTube to stop early for no reason, (the video says 5 minutes left, but the progress bar in the video went a little too ahead of itself, and stopped the video prematurely...this does not happen in tenfourfox...what can I do?) This is only happening with HTML5 videos, not Flash. I switched YouTube back to Flash and all is fine.

EDIT: I don't know if I can narrow it down just yet, but the HTML5 videos are having the same issues on Intel macs, so I am guessing it is because the HTML5 videos arent ready for public usage just yet.

Youtube (HTML5 and Abobe Flash) work fine for me with the new version of safari for leopard on my powerbook g4 1.5ghz:)

AdrianK
Jul 22, 2011, 12:16 PM

I've never had that issue with HTML5 YouTube in Safari on OS X.

zen.state
Jul 22, 2011, 12:22 PM
They updated 5.0x for PowerPC. It won't see the current 5.1 that Snow Leopard and Lion run. I can tell you from using it for 2 days now that 5.1 is really fast.

MAC MAN JW
Jul 22, 2011, 12:33 PM
They updated 5.0x for PowerPC. It won't see the current 5.1 that Snow Leopard and Lion run. I can tell you from using it for 2 days now that 5.1 is really fast.

I know my family members (How dare i say this) use safari 5.1 on there win 7 pc i just upgraded them to it yesterday and safari 5.1 is 3x as fast as safari 5 even on a pc:) it kicks Internet Explorer butt:):):) that is the only web browser they use on the pc!!!