Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mutsaers-vr.nl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
The Netherlands
How can I for instance install Mac office 2008 (CD's) which I use on my 24" iMac ? Do I need to by an external drive? Can I link the MBA to the internal drive of my iMac ?

Last edited:

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Actually you can use Remote Disc with your iMac

Just type in "How to install software on MacBook Air" and you'll get a lot of content and videos on how to do remote install with your desktop.

revelated

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Is it very difficult to explain in a few sentences?

I mean this with all the respect in the world.

The fact that you didn't just do the search to get the answer you need...likely means that yes, for you it would be way more difficult than just explaining "...in a few sentences".

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
I feel that there's nothing better than watching a video on YouTube of someone showing you exactly how to do it. You will get both the instruction and visuals to follow. I'm on my phone so I'm not going to go through the work.

mutsaers-vr.nl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
The Netherlands
You don't know if I used the search option or not !!! Probably you don't know how to do it yourself and just repeating a phrase you heard somewhere.

So this helps :D

I mean this with all the respect in the world.

The fact that you didn't just do the search to get the answer you need...likely means that yes, for you it would be way more difficult than just explaining "...in a few sentences".

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.