Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ridingforlife

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
BC, Canada
I've always had keyboard illuminating in low light off as I don't need it. But with Lion, my keyboard is backlit even though the box is unchecked in System Prefs > Keyboard.

I've tried checking and unchecking the option with no luck.

Anyone else having this issue?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I've always had keyboard illuminating in low light off as I don't need it. But with Lion, my keyboard is backlit even though the box is unchecked in System Prefs > Keyboard.

I've tried checking and unchecking the option with no luck.

Anyone else having this issue?

Mine is also having issues, most of the time it works fine but if it lights up of it's own accord I can't just turn it down. I have to turn it up a notch THEN I can turn it down.

nervouk

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2002
tokyo
Me too. Even when I uncheck keyboard backlighting in system prefs, the lights stay on.
I can turn them down or off with the keyboard, but it just doesn't feel right.

jackeill

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I have similar issue, but it's about the keyboard backlit going off when idle. Indeed, it goes off after 5,10,15 (whatever time set) but without me touching the computer it goes back on after a few seconds. It is regardless the setting with automatic illumination.

I have late 2008 MBP with 10.7.2. The thing never happend in 10.5 nor 10.6. I've started to notice that since 10.7.0.

dkav

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
I have similar issue, but it's about the keyboard backlit going off when idle. Indeed, it goes off after 5,10,15 (whatever time set) but without me touching the computer it goes back on after a few seconds. It is regardless the setting with automatic illumination.

I have late 2008 MBP with 10.7.2. The thing never happend in 10.5 nor 10.6. I've started to notice that since 10.7.0.

Hey i was pressing buttons and i found out that f5 and f6 regulate the brightness of your the backlit keys, now you can have 5 extra minutes of battery time if you turn it off!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.