Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne will not open for me, as it acts as a PowerPC app. Reign of Chaos will open though. Any ideas why it isn't a Universal Binary, but the first one is? They both get updated together.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
The installers for my versions of WCIII are both PPC installers (Warcraft Battle Chest that I bought with my old iBook G4). If you connected to battle.net, it should have updated both WCIII and TFT with universal binaries.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Which is what confuses me. I only ever played The Frozen Throne online, and it had the most recent patch (I think, from a few months ago). It would have patched both games, which is why I can play RoC. But it doesn't make sense that I can't play TFT. Does it patch the games in some weird way? Would I have to manually download the update and install it for it to work? Not really a huge problem now that I have Starcraft 2, but it's just kind of annoying me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.