Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dryjoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
I currently use Chrome as my browser, and the feature I find most useful is that it keeps my bookmarks in sync via my gmail account. So whether I'm on the Mac Pro or the MacBook Pro, I know that my bookmarks are always up to date.

However, with the new gestures and so on in Lion, I think I might be ready to give Safari another try. It seems to have come on quite a bit, but is there a way to easily duplicate the Chrome functionality of keeping my bookmarks in sync on two Macs?

I had a look at the Safari extensions gallery, and couldn't find anything to help, but may have missed something.

If there is a simple answer to this, I will definitely give Safari another go, but if not, I think it is a deal breaker, and I will have to stick with Chrome and wait for them to update it to play nicely with two fingered swiping, proper Lion full-screen mode etc.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions!

rhomsy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
MobileMe does this, and Apple has stated that the free iCloud will provide this feature to everyone. So, you can get iCloud in September along with iOS 5. :)

rhomsy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
MobileMe does this, and Apple has stated that the free iCloud will provide this feature to everyone. So, you can get iCloud in September along with iOS 5. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.