Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lamarak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I traded some stuff i wasnt using for a macbook 2010 MBA 1.86 13 2 gig model. I wish it was 4 but it is what it is. So am i safe upgrading to lion with only 2 gigs of ram? Thank for any help.

MacRuler

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2010
yes two gb of ram will be plenty. i can confirm. im running lion on a 11 inch 1.4 2 gb ram :)

n1tut

macrumors regular
Same here, basic 11", downloaded and installed Lion yesterday, took a long time with my ISP, and it is working fine, the same or even more responsive than before.

Also installed the trial version of Parallels and that has been the biggest breakthrough for me. This is my first Mac, but Quicken on my PC is my main and most used application for all my home accounts. I am using Quicken 2004 which was the last produced for the UK, but have been running it on a second PC netbook. Tried versions for the Mac, but they are either USA ones or corrupt QIF files that are imported.

However 2004 is now running in Virtual Windows on my MBA which has made my day.

tut

UniPro

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
Orange County, CA
Using the same set up here as well and I don't notice any kind of performance hit. Very snappy, I'm quite surprised. Looks like I'll be holding off on upgrading till the next Air release.

solowmodel

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
Also fine here, Lion if anything feels snappier than SL, my MBA is a 2010 11inch base model!

How are animations and stuff? Any lag?

The only thing stopping me from upgrading is the fear of animation lag...which would make me chuck my computer out the window :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.