Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nostylez

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
So I have just upgraded to lion.
I was using spaces for leopard and since upgrading to lion,
my settings for spaces seems to be saved. Every time I try to open my finder window or my trash can which were saved in different spaces in leopard will open but won't show the window.

Even my mission control settings when i scroll to a new desktop space my finder or whatever window i had for certain spaces would appear for less than a second.

I have no idea what is going on, if any of you are getting similar issue is there a way to fix this?

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Please use 'Search' before posting please. There is a reason why it's there. Anyways, the option to customize Spaces in System Preferences is gone, but when you enter mission control and hover your mouse on top right, you'll see '+' sign which will allow you to add more spaces by clicking it. To remove a space, hover over one of the 'Desktop,' and there will be a 'x' on top left of that mini Desktop. Clicking the 'x' will remove the desktop, just like you would remove apps on iDevices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.