Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fozziebear40

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Newton-le-Willows, England
Can you have dual screens with this Mini? I appreciate the Thunderbolt port will work with Thunderbolt displays, but what if you have 2 DVI monitors? HDMI to DVI is possible. What about Thunderbolt to DVI?
Cheers

EDIT: Sorry to trouble you, if I had bothered to read the Apple page, its a display port as well as Thunderbolt, doh!

Thanks

Last edited:

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
Can you have dual screens with this Mini? I appreciate the Thunderbolt port will work with Thunderbolt displays, but what if you have 2 DVI monitors? HDMI to DVI is possible. What about Thunderbolt to DVI?
Cheers

EDIT: Sorry to trouble you, if I had bothered to read the Apple page, its a display port as well as Thunderbolt, doh!

Thanks

No trouble as this is a question I have as well. I have a displayport to dvi adaptor already, and the question i had was whether the HDMI and Thunderbolt/Displayport can both function at the same time for video, and if that video can be an extended desktop.

Seems it'd be pretty sweet to have two monitors hooked up to the mini.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
Actually, I just saw this on the Mac mini Tech Specs page:

Support for dual display and video mirroring

Guess that answers that question!

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
The Thunderbolt port also acts as a MiniDisplay Port. On the 2010 model, you could run a display from the HDMI and another from the MDP (adapters were necessary depending on the particulars of the monitors)

I would imagine the new model will work the same way. You can power any display from the Thunderbolt port on the new MBP, no reason for this to be different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.