PDA

View Full Version : will MBA come out 15" series?with bigger battery 10hour+?

jameshk
Jul 21, 2011, 09:33 AM
i was very supprising when MBA 2011 coming out...but wish it have 15"...13 seem small to me..and why MBA can't install antiglare screen??:confused:

Muncher
Jul 21, 2011, 09:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APX515CKT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Have you actually used the 13? The high resolution display makes it feel larger than it is. The mba has an antiglare screen; all macs lacking the black border around the screen have antiglare.

CP1091
Jul 21, 2011, 09:49 AM
The MBA is meant for portability.. They simply have no reason right now to make it with a bigger screen. The battery is another story. That will change with time.

jameshk
Jul 21, 2011, 11:34 AM
i see at apple website i compare mba n mbp it said air is glossy widescreen only...and what made me said 13" is small...i use stereo maker software to make 3D in full screen...so it make me hard to see the image..last time i was using 13" mba because of my eye problem...i change it to mbp 15...but mbp 15 kinda heavy...and slow on bootup...i dunno why...mba boot into mac veryyy super fast...how come ar??

stevenpa
Jul 21, 2011, 11:46 AM
Will Apple give me a 75 core ivybridge in my 11 inch 1600000x900000 ultra HDHDHDHDHDHDHD screen with GTX580 and 2TB SSD? Will it be make from carbon fiber? Can I get a 10 year lasting nuclear battery that does not need to be charged ever?

Also I forgot can I get 500GB memory? And it needs to be under .5 pounds. And be fully waterproof.

stevenpa
Jul 21, 2011, 11:48 AM
On a more serious note you can just get a privacy filter that takes away the gloss.

jameshk
Jul 21, 2011, 01:07 PM
steven...are u crazy?with such many resolution can u see it?:eek:

til the day u die i'm sure no such thing will happen...:D

jameshk
Jul 28, 2011, 12:28 PM
hey steven !!! apple is going to lunch 15" ultra think macbook!! how u feel now?? still day dreaming with ya spec? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

jameshk
Jul 28, 2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Macbook_Air-Macbook_Pro-Redesign-15_inch_Macbook_Air,13135.html

Stein357
Jul 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
I would expect Apple to release a redesiged MBP series soon, seems the next logical step for them to take.

hcho3
Jul 28, 2011, 04:13 PM
I want my MBA to come with Super, Ultra, Ultimate Retina Display. Until this happen, I will not stop crying. Give it to me apple.

jameshk
Jul 29, 2011, 01:43 AM
haha...ultimate retina u must ask steven...she is the expert on dreaming...:cool:

jameshk
Jul 29, 2011, 10:58 PM
steven u still sleeping??:(

BigB82
Jul 29, 2011, 11:53 PM
actually interesting enough they are in the final stages of finishing up a 15" ultra thin macbook pro, optical drives are out

misterneums
Jul 30, 2011, 12:38 AM
@the OP

There are two ways that you'll ever see a 10 hour battery.

1.) You'll buy one of those external battery packs that double/triple/quadruple/etc the Wattage/Hour of the MBA.
2.) You'll use a processor that is extremely slow, and doesn't support any boosting and uses minimal power (See the A4? chip in the iPad.)

WhitneyGail
Jul 30, 2011, 09:27 AM
http://macbookair.macrumors.com/

they're coming out with 15'' and 17'' ultra-thins. Probably will be out at Christmas.

KohPhiPhi
Jul 30, 2011, 10:20 AM
What'd be the point in a 15" or 17" MBA? I mean, MBA is all about portability, and you cant feasibly push portability beyond the 13" mark. It's like creating a Ferrari powered by a diesel engine... what's the freaking point?

jackyyeow
Jul 30, 2011, 10:25 AM
http://macbookair.macrumors.com/

they're coming out with 15'' and 17'' ultra-thins. Probably will be out at Christmas.

To me 13" has the best balance between battery/weight/size. I believe 15" will have more battery life/higher res display but Apple might put higher clock speed processor (highly unlikely quadcore) so maybe still around 7 hours battery life. Apple would be out of their mind offering more battery life than their Pro lines.:o

...are we seeing another $400 price differences perhaps? They might put in 512GB SSD which add another $800~$1000 upgrade fee me thinks.

jackyyeow
Jul 30, 2011, 10:29 AM
what's the freaking point?

Weight. Their MBP 15" is much too heavy. from 11" to 13" the weight is added by about 300grams+, so from 13" to 15" we expected to see the machine weights around 1.8KG~2KG. Sounds like a sweet deal for those who want a powerful mobile workstation on the go.

jameshk
Jul 30, 2011, 10:35 AM
can't u feel 13" is very small...for some kid is still ok..

13 and 15 is really big different...when have bigger screen...edit video and photo the feeling is very relaxing..

jameshk
Jul 30, 2011, 10:38 AM
To me 13" has the best balance between battery/weight/size. I believe 15" will have more battery life/higher res display but Apple might put higher clock speed processor (highly unlikely quadcore) so maybe still around 7 hours battery life. Apple would be out of their mind offering more battery life than their Pro lines.:o

...are we seeing another $400 price differences perhaps? They might put in 512GB SSD which add another $800~$1000 upgrade fee me thinks.

yaya...i'm hoping can get sata3 power!! 550mb/s

:D:D

Abstract
Jul 30, 2011, 11:05 AM
To answer the OP's question, the answer is yes.

It is inevitable that computers start shipping without proper disk drives. The real question is "when"? I don't know when. Nobody knows when it'll happen. However, I doubt Apple is going to continue to release the MBP in its current form factor for too much longer. The biggest issue may be SSD storage capacity, and/or SSD supply issues, and/or the cost of the higher capacity SSD drives, rather than a lack of desire to release such products tomorrow.

Also, what gets released may not be called a 15" MBA, but a 15" MBP. Maybe it'll be a uniform thickness throughout rather than use a tapered design (e.g. ~0.68", which is the max thickness of the current MBAs), which may allow for a faster processor and also a much larger battery to be used in the system.

All we can do is guess.

KohPhiPhi
Jul 30, 2011, 11:48 AM
Weight. Their MBP 15" is much too heavy. from 11" to 13" the weight is added by about 300grams+, so from 13" to 15" we expected to see the machine weights around 1.8KG~2KG. Sounds like a sweet deal for those who want a powerful mobile workstation on the go.

Ultra-light weight matters on portable laptops (13" and below). A 15" or 17" laptop is not really a portable laptop, thus the weight battle becomes less important.

I think Apple is taking the right approach here: aim towards ultra performance with their MBP line and ultra portability with their MBA line. The 13" MBA with an i7, a 256 SDD and 1400x900 screen res is already a fine compromise between the two.

Creating a 15" MBA would cannibalize the sales for their 15" MBP. If they're to create a 15" and 17" MBA, they might as well get rid of the MBP family altogether as they would simply overlap just like the old White Macbook overlapped the 13" MPB, and thus they eventually discontinued the Macbook White.

So the question is not whether they should create a 15" and 17" MBA, but rather whether they should continue with the MBP family at all since product-overlapping is certainly not a good business practice (as proven, again, by the white Macbook)

jackyyeow
Jul 30, 2011, 01:53 PM
Ultra-light weight matters on portable laptops (13" and below). A 15" or 17" laptop is not really a portable laptop, thus the weight battle becomes less important.

Actually I do agree.

In fact, whether it's going to be 500~700grams difference compared to the Pro lines, IMHO anything beyond 1.5KG is going to start giving the shoulder some effort. 1.3KG to me is still some weight though I'm perfectly happy with it, and not wanting anything heavier.

jackyyeow
Jul 30, 2011, 01:54 PM
can't u feel 13" is very small...for some kid is still ok..

Nope, anything bigger will be too big for the bag or on my lap.:D

stevenpa
Jul 30, 2011, 03:39 PM
steven u still sleeping??:(

Jameshk:
1. It's almost painful to read your posts, have you made it to high school yet, you are writing at "kid" levels?
2. At the time you posting this thread there were about 5 other threads asking the same thing, so I made a joke.
3. Do you have self-esteem problems? Sure you can bump a thread with an updated rumor (not news) and then continue to bump until you get a response? I made a post that addressed your dreams and gave my preference. And then I gave you an option for your glossy screen problem. I don't go searching 20 pages back to find a thread I posted in to help you with your self esteem.
4. If you edit video / render 3D you need a lot more memory and why would you want to use a laptop? Get a desktop and a 25+ inch screen. And a lot more memory. But then again you are probably using a flip and editing amateur videos for kids under the age of 5.
5. Yes a small kid has problems with a 13' screen. I guess half the professional world with lenovo x220s must have serious problems, since the screen is not even 13'. And did you know both the x220 and Sony SB/SA/Z all get 15 hours of battery? And the Z has a screen spec you want.

jameshk
Jul 31, 2011, 02:42 AM
Jameshk:
1. It's almost painful to read your posts, have you made it to high school yet, you are writing at "kid" levels?
2. At the time you posting this thread there were about 5 other threads asking the same thing, so I made a joke.
3. Do you have self-esteem problems? Sure you can bump a thread with an updated rumor (not news) and then continue to bump until you get a response? I made a post that addressed your dreams and gave my preference. And then I gave you an option for your glossy screen problem. I don't go searching 20 pages back to find a thread I posted in to help you with your self esteem.
4. If you edit video / render 3D you need a lot more memory and why would you want to use a laptop? Get a desktop and a 25+ inch screen. And a lot more memory. But then again you are probably using a flip and editing amateur videos for kids under the age of 5.
5. Yes a small kid has problems with a 13' screen. I guess half the professional world with lenovo x220s must have serious problems, since the screen is not even 13'. And did you know both the x220 and Sony SB/SA/Z all get 15 hours of battery? And the Z has a screen spec you want.

steven...that's y i said u ARE a kid..why do i need lighter laptop and don't go for desktop? it was because i travel alot...from singapore all the way to china by bus,train,boat...do u know how is the feeling if i carry extra weight?:p

jameshk
Jul 31, 2011, 02:44 AM
Nope, anything bigger will be too big for the bag or on my lap.:D

well jacky...my bag can carry 17",... so 15" is no prob for me;)

stevenpa
Jul 31, 2011, 03:20 AM
steven...that's y i said u ARE a kid..why do i need lighter laptop and don't go for desktop? it was because i travel alot...from singapore all the way to china by bus,train,boat...do u know how is the feeling if i carry extra weight?:p

How am I a kid?

And Singapore to China is not traveling a lot. I'm been to about 15 countries the past six months, including those two. And why would you go by bus/train/boat over flying? That makes no sense.

EDIT: And I was carrying a 6.4 pound notebook for all those travels.

jameshk
Jul 31, 2011, 06:39 AM
How am I a kid?

And Singapore to China is not traveling a lot. I'm been to about 15 countries the past six months, including those two. And why would you go by bus/train/boat over flying? That makes no sense.

EDIT: And I was carrying a 6.4 pound notebook for all those travels.

sg to china just let u know the 1 of the trip i go...i go travel with bus because i'm 3D Photographer...company pay me for go backpacking travel take all the 3D photo...next trip will be sg to england..about 30+ country...;)

travel with plane u can't take alot nice view photo..