Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gcans

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I'm buying a new Air soon and this is my first Mac, so what kind of stuff would you suggest?

Last edited:

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
I've got a 11.6 with 64gb and the Elago Mobile Nano (Micro SD Reader-Amazon.com), definitely helps with storage and barely sticks out of the USB port. I picked up 2 and, when 32gb microsd cards drop a little more in price, i'm gonna pick up 2 cards to double my memory. Right now I have an 8gb and 16gb, that are working fine. Case wise...I've only used the Speck, see-thru black cover, which works/fits really good. I wanted the Incipio, but also wanted the Apple logo to shine thru, so I went with the Speck case. I picked up the Olive SMT Messenger case that Apple.com has. Haven't used it too much, but has a lot of room in it, seems like it will last a long time, pretty sturdy. I picked up a keyboard cover on Amazon, but it doesn't fit very well, will probably put that on my other Macbook.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
I've got a 11.6 with 64gb and the Elago Mobile Nano (Micro SD Reader-Amazon.com), definitely helps with storage and barely sticks out of the USB port. I picked up 2 and, when 32gb microsd cards drop a little more in price, i'm gonna pick up 2 cards to double my memory. Right now I have an 8gb and 16gb, that are working fine. Case wise...I've only used the Speck, see-thru black cover, which works/fits really good. I wanted the Incipio, but also wanted the Apple logo to shine thru, so I went with the Speck case. I picked up the Olive SMT Messenger case that Apple.com has. Haven't used it too much, but has a lot of room in it, seems like it will last a long time, pretty sturdy. I picked up a keyboard cover on Amazon, but it doesn't fit very well, will probably put that on my other Macbook.

I liked your suggestion about the Elago Mobile Nano so I went to Amazon to check it out. I saw that there is a Nano I and a Nano II. Which do you have and do you know what the difference is?

Thanks

meaty

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
im in the same boat. list some stuff you guys have so i can do some research plz!

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
My favorite would be thunderbolt if it ever became a reality.

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
I liked your suggestion about the Elago Mobile Nano so I went to Amazon to check it out. I saw that there is a Nano I and a Nano II. Which do you have and do you know what the difference is?

Thanks

I got the Nano II, guessing it's just newer. It's got a blue LED light in there, so anytime the comp is on, Blue LED is going too.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
There have been other threads like this, but it's still OK to have.

This is my first Mac, but I don't think what accessories you need should be different from a PC. I'm in the process of ordering my stuff.

I ordered this really nice case last week and I just bought myself a new backpack for my travels to replace my older one. Looking at possible headphones and stuff, but other than that I don't really need anything else.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006

Yes I have one of those. they are great things. Though they are so small they are easy to lose. They have that lanyard thingy, but it is a bit annoying to use all the time.

I use a Waterfield sleeve case with the strap and leather, which is very nice. (BTW, I have WAY to much Waterfield stuff ;) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.